Oracle DBA Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.). Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500 and we are among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Our strength is built on our ability to work together. Our diverse backgrounds offer different perspectives and new ways of thinking. It encourages lively discussions, inspires thought leadership, and helps us build better solutions for our clients. We want someone who thrives in this setting and is inspired to craft meaningful solutions through true collaboration. Oracle DBA – Full – Time *This role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
AIA - Artificial Intelligence and Analytics Practice
- Work on Tickets, CHGs. Maintain current Oracle DBs in Cloud and On-Premise. Fix production issues and open incident bridge if required to resolve the issues by collaborating with other ancillary teams. Look after DB Alerts from monitoring tools. Automate repetitive tasks.
Location and Travel: San Diego, CA - All work onsite. remote initially to start with Duties & Responsibilities Demonstrable experience in Oracle products : RAC, DG, ADG, GG, ASM, Performance/SQL Tuning. Knowledge of GCP Cloud, DevOPS (Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins) will be a plus.
- This Practice that leads all initiatives surrounding incorporating AI into Customer Intelligence, Operations Intelligence, Product Intelligence, and Fraud Insights
- Installation/configuration of databases
- Tuning sql, performance tuning of Databases
- Setting database backups. Restoring database backups.
- Setting up clusters, setting up database failover and DR.
- Support multiple environments like dev, qa, stage, beta, prod, archive, DR, HA.
- Setting up monitoring.
- Provide on call support as per rotation cycle.
- Review database scripts (ddl, dml, dcl & database code).
- Write shell/awk scripts. Write DB scripts.
- Refresh data in lower environments.
- Setup database encryption, masking on need basis.
- Provide support for incidents and create RCA.
- Mentor junior team members .
- Experience: 5-10 Years
- Education/Certifications: Bachelor's Degree
- Specialized knowledge/experience: Oracle DBA
Cognizant is committed to veteran and military communities. Cognizant has been often recognized as a military friendly employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our business resource group Veterans Network assists our military associates in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence.