Corporate Relationship Vice President/Manager, Finance
Vice President II, Corporate Finance- Relationship Manager
The Technology Banking roles are responsible for relationship management of commercial bank clients and delivery of core commercial banking products (i.e. treasury management, FX, investments, etc.) and broader SVB financial services (i.e. private bank, wealth advisory, SVB Analytics, etc.). Core Responsibilities Include:
- Advising on, originating, and negotiating financing solutions for Commercial Bank clients.
- Leads strategic credit discussions with clients and partners with Credit Solutions colleagues to ensure seamless underwriting and portfolio management.
- Deeply engages clients to build strategic relationships with key executives and influencers in the ecosystems in which SVB operates.
- Takes a proactive approach in anticipating client needs and recognizing opportunities to cross sell. For all cross-sell opportunities, coordinate with internal product partners to ensure quality and timely completion of all such cross-sell projects.
- Responsible for new business development, expansion of existing relationships, and advancement of the SVB brand in market, including identifying and hosting unique events both for personal engagement, as well as professional development in order to connect with clients, prospects, and relevant referral sources.
- Maintain a pulse on the technology ecosystem, trends, and identify how they would impact clients and prospects.
- Manages a wide range of client relationships. Able to engineer complex and creative solutions to client needs. Interacts with clients, referrals and prospects independently. Engages in the negotiation of financing solutions for SVB clients.
- Fundamental knowledge base of all non-credit related banking products, including FX, trade finance, asset management, private banking, and cash management services. Expertise in proactively identifying banking solutions and products and developing and closing cross sell opportunities within assigned portfolio as well as managing internal stakeholders throughout delivery of platform to clients. Managing successful brand delivery to the client and act as owner for the holistic relationship.
- Seeks out referrals thru business activities and relationship development and follows up on referrals for prospective clients, developing ways to engage and deliver the SVB platform, products, and services. Develops and maintains a network in the business community. Represents the Bank in community activities. #LI-CS1
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of bank operations and products.
- Strong negotiation and marketing skills.
- Good closing skills.
- Expertise in risk assessment and managing deteriorating accounts pro-actively.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related experience.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Job: Banking Commercial
Organization: SVB Financial Group.
Job Posting: Mar 5, 2020, 10:52:12 PM
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time