Principal Data Engineer
Make Next Happen Now. For over 30 years, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB provides targeted banking services to companies of all sizes in innovation centers around the world.
The Information Management team at Silicon Valley Bank is responsible for delivering data solutions that support all lines of business across the organization. This includes providing data integration services for all batch data and real-time movement; managing and enhancing the data warehouse, Data Lake and dependent data marts; and providing support for analytics and business intelligence consumers.
SVB is seeking an experienced Master Data Management Professional who will partner with business leaders to help lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. The incumbent will participate in design and lead development of technology solutions to address Master Data Management business needs. The successful candidate will help develop the next generation solutions using Informatica MDM products. The position requires in-depth experience and understanding of data management, master data management tools, data warehousing and data integration skillsets. This position requires close interaction and collaboration with Project Managers, Lead Business Analysts, application and enterprise architects, application technical leads, vendor partners (both onsite and offshore), SVB offshore developments teams and other data and application development teams. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Architect and design secure, robust, fault-tolerant and highly scalable Master Data Management solution leveraging Informatica product suite
- Performing hands-on development work with Informatica MDM products
- Identifying opportunities to reuse strategic components and reduce over-customization
- Maintaining the health of the MDM system, support invest and maintenance activities for MDM platform
- Responsible for estimating the effort for work activities and assisting peers and matrix team for successful execution of work activities
- Identify, document and communicate technical risks, issues and alternative solutions discovered during project
- Develop and unit test data solutions, data integrations, data services
- Use agile engineering practices and various data development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient data products
- Align and integrate well with architects, data analysts, data modelers and other stakeholders
- Communicate with other developers across teams, both as ad hoc problem solving, and check-ins and discussions with other initiatives
- Support non-technical team members in understanding the technical implications of design decisions
- Mentor and provide direction to data engineers and quality engineers, both on-site and offshore
Core Technical Requirements of the role
- Minimum 15 years of data engineering experience, with hands-on experience implementing Informatica MDM.
- Minimum of 5+ years is must with implementing Informatica MDM products suite. Completed at least two Informatica MDM implementations from the scratch.
- Related work experience in the areas of Master Data Management, Data Governance, deep experience in data warehousing and analysis.
- MDM technical expertise across multiple domains, multiple technical areas: matching/merging/survivorship, data cleansing, workflows, UI, etc.
- Excellent data integration skills, understanding solutioning Informatica ETL and Data Quality components of Informatica MDM solutions
- Experience developing large scale MDM, data warehousing, Data Lake and data integration projects.
- Experience designing and developing complex multi-tiered application with Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Data Services
- Hands-on implementation experience in Big Data technologies is preferred
- Experience managing offshore development teams
- Experience in performance monitoring and performance tuning
- Experience in financial domain is a plus
BS (Computer Science) or equivalent
15 years relevant industry experience