Ratings Technology, Associate Product Manager - NBMBAA
The Technology Product Management (TPM) team builds leading edge products that address the needs of the financial services industry. These products produce some of the most essential tools and information that shape the global economy. Being a part of the team is a unique opportunity to not only work on technology that makes meaning, but continually transform an organization that must lead from the front.
The solutions we build leverage cloud technology, big data solutions, advanced analytics, advanced workflow solutions and customer portals for our Ratings clients. The TPM team covers products across financial asset classes and drives continuous improvements through product innovation and usability.
As a Product Manager, you will play a key role in the successful buildout of new product initiatives and support for our offerings to our end users. You will work alongside representatives in our business to define executable requirements that are aligned with customer needs as well as the broader S&P Global strategy and goals.
What's in it for you?
You will work in a dynamic group with cross-functional resources and will be responsible for working closely with end users, Product Managers and internal partners to identify and respond to meaningful product development.
You will be a key leader in our agile processes including product backlog grooming, scrum meetings and sprint planning for your scrum team(s).
• A Product Manager is responsible for end-to-end value of customer-driven products.
• Knows and practices the values and principles of Agile, demonstrating the importance of the same to others.
• Able to communicate effectively with non-technical internal and external clients and other stakeholders.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, results-oriented, and applies common sense.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the product and is able to share that knowledge with others.
• Helps with troubleshooting issues, support requests, and requests for change.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines.
• Develop intermediate SQL skills to write custom queries.
• Basic understanding of how stored procedures and software development functions work.
• Good understanding of data elements/structures, data mapping, validation rules, data cleansing.
• Ability to perform an impact analysis on changes that would be made to various data elements.
• Clear view on data governance and its role in safeguarding sensitive data assets.
• Learn the basics of ETL processes and understand the source and target systems for the relevant business transformation.
• Have a holistic view on data management lifecycle management to ensure consistency across various source & target systems.
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• 3-5 years of experience working as a product manager for scrum teams, project manager, systems analyst or similar in a technical environment
• Understanding of financial services domain
• Familiarity with the Agile values and scrum principles
• Experience with the Scrum framework and Kanban
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills (present, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
Behaviors & Traits:
• Company Values: Creative, Collaborative, Competitive
• Highly ethical
• Comfortable not knowing answers, but resourceful and able to resolve issues
• Open to receiving and providing feedback
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Flexible and adaptable; willing to learn and understand new ways of doing things
• Enjoys and takes pride in their work, loves to help people and can work well independently and in groups
• Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
256953 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States