Head of Infrastructure Eng and Operations
Join Western Union as a Vice President, Head of Infrastructure and Cloud at our Headquarters in Denver CO. Please note we are currently working from home until further notice.
WU is searching for a passionate, talented individual with experience in Cloud and Data Centers to transform and lead a global infrastructure and operations organization in the Multi-Cloud environment. This is a strategic role to enable a multi-year technology strategy. In this role, the leader will own and manage the entire technical infrastructure to support the Western Union Platform including our on-premise data centers, Cloud Engineering and operations, escalation management, SLA management, financial management, End User Computing and Organizational Change Management. You will be an ambassador of change for Cloud enablement, working across the business to provide effective communication and build relationships with other teams (CCOE, Data, Product Engineering, Product and Business teams) to ensure effective dialogue between departments. Responsibilities also include accountability for delivering a highly available Platform; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems Motivated by our values: purpose driven, globally minded, and trustworthy & respectful
We're a FinTech that's using insight from customers and colleagues worldwide to improve financial services for families, small businesses, multinational corporations, and non-profit organizations. We're a team of over 10,000 people spanning 200 countries and territories. We believe when money moves, better things happen. Your responsibilities will include:
• Accountable for leading Cloud Enablement for Public and Private Clouds.
• Develop Cloud Engineering and Cloud Operations teams.
• Enable DEVOPS culture within Public and Private Cloud environments.
• Manage the Infrastructure products, budget/financials.
• Ensure consistency of product management and agile methodology, sharing common practices and challenges across the team.
• Frequently interface with stakeholders to understand near and long-term needs and identify opportunities for initiatives to drive value and efficiency.
• Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with Product Managers, CCOE, Solution Engineers and Enterprise Architects.
• Develop monitoring and alerting strategies for Multi-Cloud environment.
Better requires process discipline and simplification
- Management of data centers
We will be looking to you to have responsibility includes leading Western Union infrastructure platforms, which include 20,000 hosts, 31 data centers, 15+ telecom providers, 2500 network devices, and 5 petabytes of data.
Lead a team of engineers that implements and continuously innovates standardized and reusable public and private cloud services and oversite for vendors
Responsible for driving deep technical depth and innovation to build efficiencies, n-1 standards, and operability and scale for growth of 10x.
Deliver upon set SLAs and KPIs for all areas serving business stakeholders based on benchmarks. With a continuous improvement mindset
Manage implement and maintain the Network Operations Center (NOC) with responsibility for event monitoring and the global technology critical incident response process.
Develop, test & maintain disaster recovery plans (DRP) & business continuity plans. For such a pivotal role, you'll ideally have
- Minimum 10 years in executive management experience
- Minimum 10 years work experience in leading large program delivery
- Proven experience executing enterprise scale migration of on-premise application transformations to public and private cloud and sunsetting EOL infrastructure
- History of experience with modern technology service delivery frameworks including Agile, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment
- Demonstrated success in introducing major change to complex organizations and gain buy in from global N1 / N2 organizations
- In-depth knowledge of security and application dependencies
- Mindset of process discipline, elimination of waste, and continuous improvement; drives for elimination of duplication and the application of lean tools
- Able to articulate and help others understand and embrace a clear vision and strategy
Join us, and let's move money for better
- Ability to be a company-wide change agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes
It's an exciting time at Western Union. We're growing as a business and we're shaping the financial services sector by driving quality, convenience and customer service to new levels of excellence. We're unleashing our potential. If you're ready to do the same, apply now.
We're a company on the move, and we want our people to grow and develop. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as a great salary and benefits package.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, in accordance with applicable laws. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected category.