- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Interactive Brokers
- 24 Apr 19
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Internal Auditor will perform Compliance, Financial, Operational and Information System audits for the purpose of determining the accuracy of financial records, effectiveness of prudent business practices, and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Conduct audits of international equity, fixed income, and commodity business lines, back-office departments and branch offices to assess compliance with firm policies and regulatory requirements;
- Establish approach, project plan and tests to achieve audit objectives;
- Develop process knowledge and identify risk areas for assigned audit projects;
- Review and appraise soundness, adequacy and application of manual and automated processes, and recommend corrective action where necessary;
- Participates in preliminary discussions with operating personnel during and at the conclusion of an audit discussing the conditions, criteria, effect, cause and recommendations relating to potential deficiencies noted during an audit;
- Identify/implement automation opportunities to enhance audit effectiveness and efficiencies of the business as a whole;
- Keep abreast with various securities and commodities regulations;
- Conduct audits in accordance with professional industry standards and established company policies.
A college degree is essential with acceptable majors being Finance, Accounting, or Information Systems. The candidate will have 1 -2 years audit experience. Candidate must be comfortable working in an automated, hands-on environment. Ideal candidate would be inquisitive, quick learner and capable of performing data analytical tasks. Excellent written and oral communication skills are important pre-requisites.
- Interactive Brokers Group is a publicly traded company listed on the IEX under the symbol "IBKR" with a market capitalization of over $15 billion.
- Interactive Brokers is the largest US retail brokerage firm as measured by daily trade volume with combined activity exceeding 1 million trades per day on 100+ market centers around the world.
- IB serves 600,000+ clients. IB's client base includes active traders, financial advisors, hedge funds and introducing brokers.
- Our goal is to provide high-speed, direct access to stock, options and futures products worldwide using cutting edge proprietary technologies.
- For additional information about Interactive Brokers, please visit our website at www.interactivebrokers.com