Web Programmer (1889)
Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Job Description:
Interactive Brokers seeks a Web Programmer for our Headquarters in Greenwich, CT. The successful candidate will possess the ability to solve complex problems bounded with a solid understanding of programming (algorithms, data structures, concurrency) to develop and maintain a large-scale tax form collection and reporting system. The system supports Domestic (US) and international tax withholding and reporting including support for FATCA (Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act), CRS (OECD Common reporting standard), Canadian, UK, and Australian tax regulations. Responsibilities include the tax form collection wizard that guides the customer through the complex rule set to provide the correct tax forms. Tax forms are checked for consistency, and tax IDs and GIIN are validated against external sources. On the backend, the system calculates the applicable withholding status and rates relevant to each account. What you will need to have:
What we'd also love to see:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related degree
- Experience and proficiency with Java or C++, concurrency, algorithms.
- 0-2 years of experience in developing multi-tiered web applications (backend/middleware/frontend)
- Experience with frontend/middleware web technologies or database design/development, Tomcat, JavaBeans, jQuery, JSON, AJAX, Vue.js and Virt.x REST services, and UNIX/Linux
- You will need to be a problem solver, have great attention to detail, and be fast learner
- We are also looking for someone who is self-motivated and directed
- An ambitious and diligent individual
- An Innovative mindset with a drive to improve upon existing systems
- A desire to solve complex problems
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants
- Daily company paid lunch
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
- Team outings and dinners
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (IEX: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser).
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info