Operations Associate - Real Estate & Transportation
Operations Associate - Real Estate & Transportation Dalio Family Office Dalio Family Office Overview:
The Dalio Family Office (DFO) is the family office of Ray Dalio, the founder of Bridgewater Associates, LP and a global philanthropist. The mission of the DFO is to provide outstanding services to Ray and his family, which includes long term wealth planning and management as well as the management of current endeavors.
The DFO has grown significantly over the past few years, increasing in both size and capability to provide a high level of support to the family. While its focus is the Dalio family, the DFO shares Bridgewater's idea meritocratic culture as the lifeblood of its organization. Given the highly sensitive nature of its responsibilities, the DFO is a tight-knit group, where honesty and integrity are foundational values. All members are uniquely valued, are encouraged to meet their potential and are given responsibilities that align with their capabilities and interests. Real Estate & Transportation Department Overview
The Real Estate and Transportation department manages and optimizes a real estate portfolio distributed across multiple sites and geographic locations. It is responsible for maintaining and operating all properties, buying & selling assets, managing capital improvement projects, and achieving sustainable excellence for stakeholders. Position Summary
The Operations Associate is responsible for providing hands on operational support to the real estate & transportation team. There are three major components to the Operations Associate role:
- Day to day operational support
- Process/project management
- Providing structure and business organization to the pillar
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who:
- Enjoys bringing structure to chaos by exercising good judgement, common sense, and organization
- Has the drive to make an impact, both broadly and individually, to shape change and ultimately help the pillar head improve operations of the department
- Makes best use of time to prioritize rapidly towards goals, with the ability to quickly process complex information into answers
- Is highly organized and process oriented - and is able to distill information to form an accurate, representative synthesis
- Understands risks and contingencies in a plan, manages and coordinates multiple parties/teams well, and holds others accountable to their commitments and responsibilities
- Assisting in day-to-day operations, including imputing purchase orders, monitoring and tracking activities, reporting, and acting as leverage on relevant aspects of the Portfolio
- Helps run the tactical eliminates of the department including budgeting support, Vendor management, NDA/contracts, capital project management, maintenance plans management etc.
- Managing the flow of information across the team and proactively popping issues.
- Leveraging the team by planning and executing on special projects.
- Researching, bench marking, and analyzing data to make logical, fact-based recommendations.
- Working with head of pillar to designing and building processes to streamline operations.
- Providing communication support - synthesizing our outcomes on a weekly basis, building decks & presentations when needed.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a business/operations associate role
- Organized and reliable with high attention to detail
- A self-starter who is comfortable owning and running projects
- Previous experience in property management or operations-type environment preferred but not required
- Highly collaborative, non-hierarchical and transparent working style with proven ability to manage diverse relationships within the organization
- High degree of common sense and knowledge of operational excellence; knows what it takes to "make the trains run on time"
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.