Big Data Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers.
You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what's being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business and development team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations. Incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. Adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules.
Participate in code reviews and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications. Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation. No direct reports and no managerial duties. Individual contributor level position.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Part of a scrum team to deliver high quality software to the business
- Working closely with our Card Pricing product partners to help estimate and prioritize the team's backlog and define stories needed to deliver the solution
- Able to understand production issues and resolving defects.
- Deliver the defined solutions for the projects thru the Agile process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- 3 - 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in job offered or three years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience in a software engineering-related occupation
- 3 - 5 years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- 2+ years' experience with building large scale big data applications
- Extensive experience & demonstrated proficiency in Core Java and Spark (or other Big Data technology).
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark and related stack on premise or cloud
- Hands-on experience in HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn & Hive
- Working experience as Agile developer and good understanding of SDLC methodologies/guidelines
- Hands on experience with building CI/CD
- Experience in developing software solutions leveraging Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
- Experience with ETL tools such as Ab Initio