Data Custodian Lead
The Data Custodian Lead is a senior level position having extensive data analysis expertise and experience in managing and owning applications from a technology perspective. Working in collaboration with Principal Engineers, Business Analysts, System Analysts and Application Owners, the Data Custodian is responsible and accountable for ensuring data quality and data management activities within a portfolio of applications. Responsibilities:
- Accountable/ responsible for confirming the safe, accurate, and controlled sourcing, transport, transformation, and storage of data within their application(s)
- Accountable/ responsible for implementation of Data Quality rules and issue remediation within their application(s) in coordination with Data Stewards, Analysts, PE/Developers, L3 and Business Architects by Data Domain
- Accountable/ responsible for maintaining data level lineage and traceability of data within their application(s)
- Create projects, requirements, user stories as needed to direct the work of developers?
- Monitor all projects in the domain to insure no changes undermine the progress.
- 10+ years of progressive senior technology leadership experience in the financial industry or a related field with a strong understanding/focus on Consumer Banking
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field; Delivery of high-quality strategic large-scale projects/releases
- Previous experience in application management and ownership :
- Management of application day-to-day data operations : Data storage management, quality, transformations, transfers.
- Management of budgets, project delivery, backlogs
- Team management (direct and in a matrix model)
- Experience driving application enhancements and change initiatives
- Ability to liaise with business owners
- Data Knowledge
- Experience addressing inconsistencies in data and resolving data quality issues in applications
- Experience with the metadata and data flow through an application to support capture, organization, movement, transformation, and storage of data
- Experience managing Data Dictionaries
- Experience managing upstream & downstream data consumption needs required for an application
- Data transfers and knowledge of data security
- Implementation, maintenance, and monitoring performance of Data Quality rules in an application
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, roadmap
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills
- Great at mentoring, coaching as well as being a diversity champion
- Dynamic, engaging style with excellent written and oral communication across different audiences
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and communication skills - must have ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations
- Collaborative and team player, ensuring overall business success
- Preferred Technical Experience
- Experienced in mainframe solutions, Z/OS, JCL, VSAM, COBOL, CICS
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting