Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Relationship Specialist- KM Location US-FL-Jacksonville Job ID 32204 # Positions 1 Job Family Operations - Collections Type Full-Time
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
- The Relationship Specialist is responsible for resolving the Customer or Vendor’s Servicing or Delinquency opportunities by using effective communication skills.
- By listening, acknowledging and providing solutions, the relationship specialist protects the customer or vendor relationship and CIT Bank.
- Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management of collection accounts.
- Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
- Performs reconciliations for accounts to maintain accuracy.
- Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
- Establishes strong working relationships with field team to support collections efforts.
- Works with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
- Reconciles account status using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
- Liaison with cash operations regarding cash application specialist to research and reconciles misapplied or payment issues.
- Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with clients or field operations.
- Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
- Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
- BS/BA degree
- Committed, Smart and Problem Solver
- Intellectually curious about our business, our clients and focused on finding the best solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills: Verbal and Written.
- Excellent negotiation skills - Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
- Function well independently and in a team orientated environment.
- Comfortable forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
- Professional and Energetic when dealing with clients; leaving them with a positive experience/impression of CIT.
- Prioritize work and quickly evaluate a situation to find the best solution for client and CIT.
- Ability to take constructive critique and implement training concepts into your own voice
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: