Senior Systems Engineer
- Alpharetta, GA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 25 May 19
Senior Systems Engineer
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role Summary
- This position's primary responsibility will focus on the E*TRADE's on-premise and cloud-based virtualization platforms.
- This will include assisting in the design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of the server environment across internal data centers and public cloud infrastructure.
- This position will be responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining a variety of automated systems, interacting with many tech and non-tech resources as well as vendors and external resources.
- The candidate will be creating and documenting systems/application architectures and is responsible for complex technical projects and interfacing with business and technology teams.
- Build and oversee large-scale virtual server environments in multiple locations to support development, production and DR environments.
- Extensive build (physical and virtual) and deployment/migration experience.
- Work with Project Managers and Business stakeholders to design and develop solutions to address business needs and propose changes to develop effective solutions.
- Examine requirements documents and create technical design documents, and implementation plans for small to complex projects.
- Provide tier III SME support for virtualization platforms.
- Work within the group maintaining and developing Infrastructure not limited to the following:
- Develop and extend tools to automate, maintain, and monitor deployments.
- Evaluate and recommend commercial and open source software.
- Train and mentor team members, System Administrators, and Operators.
- A meticulous and organized approach to work within an Agile/KanBan framework
- Minimum 5 years of linux or equivalent programing experience.
- Minimum 5 years of virtualization engineering experience.
- Minimun of 3 years working knowledge of standard version control systems (ie: GitLab, Bitbucket, SVN, etc).
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Amazon AWS service offerings.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience with public cloud services (ie. Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure) and integrating those in hybrid cloud strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years of working with VMWare technologies, including but not limited to Virtual Center, vSAN, and performance optimization.
- Developing and deploying internal tools for automation including Puppet and Ansible
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both verbal and written English.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
- DevOps mindset
- Agile/Kanban environment work
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- Experience with VMware on AWS (VMC)
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.