API Operations Manager
Job Description : Job Description
Provides dynamic leadership across multiple disciplines of an application development team using modern Agile development principles. Disciplines include (1) Level-1 application support, (2) Level-2 break-fix support as well as (3) oversight of platform automations and continuous integration and delivery teams. Level-1 application support includes routine and ad-hoc application health checks, recurring application support tickets, application patching and disaster-recovery planning and support as well as proactive and real time monitoring and dash-boarding. Application Level-1 support includes 24x7 monitoring, analysis and escalation. Level-2 break fix includes close coordination with level-3 development teams, working from a backlog common to the Level-3 team for remediation of production application defects. Oversight and leadership of platform automations, including but not limited to CI/CD.
SCOPE: Provides leadership to 2 managers of IT delivery as well as one or more individual contributors. May perform work similar to the Manager, IT Delivery for a portion of the portfolio under management. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience in IT project management and/or development or equivalent work experience, including at least 2 years of management experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of banking and financial services, including the competitive environment, regulatory requirements and trends, and IT strategies employed to continually meet the demands of clients and regulators.
- Ability to translate business strategies and emerging external trends to organizational and operational tactics.
- Ability to solve unique and highly complex technical, operational, and organizational problems.
- Ability to lead and manage the performance of multiple teams against a set of financial and operational objectives.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders.
- Experience managing projects with enterprise-wide implications.
- Master's degree or MBA and 12 years of experience in IT project management and/or development or work experience, including 5 years of management experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Operations Management experience.
- Application Development experience.
- Automation and/or CI/CD experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf