IT Technology Planner
Job Description : Job Description
Manages large, complex IT projects. Provides a single point of contact for assigned projects. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor activities and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. May apply advanced expertise in specific technologies. Guides others during the course of completing the project work. Solves complex technical and operational problems. Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. May have people management responsibilities for a small team. Qualifications Basic Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in and 5 years of experience as a project manager or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices and information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Project Management certification.
- Agile or Six Sigma experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf