Research & Capital Markets Data Management
Job Description : Job Description
Provides leadership within Corporate and Investment Banking / Capital Markets specific to the use of data and information for Capital Markets purposes. Role will be responsible for Equity and Fixed Income Research, Client/Product Onboarding, and supervisory functions and the technical delivery against their demand backlog while partnering to transform their business offering through the use of modern data science techniques. In addition to delivery responsibilities, this role will be looked at as being a thought leader and domain expert within Capital Markets and capable of providing strategic and tactical direction to business leaders and teams. The ideal candidate will have significant background within the technology services and Capital Markets domains applicable to the role, significant experience delivering transformation business value leveraging new technologies and techniques (Machine Learning, AI, structured/unstructured mining techniques, public cloud based infrastructure, Python/R), a keen understanding of the Capital Markets and Data Science software vendor marketplace, and proven software development experience.
SunTrust is engaged in a transformational change to incorporate data science and machine learning into capital markets technology delivery. This position will be leading efforts on technology innovation to leverage new thinking and business disruption based on data science, technology to explore unknown transfomative patterns in data, prototyping using machine learning to offer new radical solutions, and developing a technology platform for models that refine processes and products for continuous improvement. There will be interactions with data science teams, machine learning engineering teams, and software delivery teams.
The role may guide subordinate workstream managers in the planning and execution of multiple complex projects. Responsible for assuring large complex projects or programs are delivered to assigned business segment/LOB. Focal point for the project or program and is required to maintain strong client relationships to assure EIS and SunTrust business goals are achieved. Accomplishes delivery goals and objectives through pooled development resources. Must demonstrate project management expertise in organizing, planning and executing delivery projects from conception through implementation. Directs the development and deployment of significant delivery projects in accordance with specified technical requirements, schedules and budgets. Oversees the planning, design, development, testing and deployment of application projects. Focuses on long-term operational planning and performance. Develops departmental plans, including business, financial, production and/or organizational priorities based on IT and broader business objectives and priorities. Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational, and organizational problems. Impacts results by supporting the funding of projects, products, services, and/or technologies. Develops policies and promotes evolving risk management techniques. May play lead role or technical consultant role in large or complex projects or initiatives. Has full management responsibilities for teammates: hiring, disciplinary, coaching, terminating, performance reviews. SCOPE: Provides leadership to more than 3 Managers of IT Delivery.
"On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be names Truist Financial Corporation ("Truist"). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist of an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing." Qualifications Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience in IT project management and/or development or equivalent work experience, including at least 2 years of management experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of banking and financial services, including the competitive environment, regulator y requirements and trends, and IT strategies employed to continually meet the demands of clients and regulators.
- Ability to translate business strategies and emerging external trends to organizational and operational tactics.
- Ability to solve unique and highly complex technical, operational, and organizational problems.
- Ability to lead and manage the performance of multiple teams against a set of financial and operational objectives.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders.
- Experience managing projects with enterprise-wide implications.
- Master's degree or MBA and 15 years of experience in IT project management and/or development or work experience, including 5 years of management experience. Banking or financial services experience.
- Experience integrating models / algorithms into data sets to perform analysis.
- Ability to define the scope of required data and relevant use cases based on stakeholder objectives.
- PMP certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf