Sr Fraud Investigator
Job Description : Job Description
Responsible for complex duties and decisions relating to fraudulent applications, transactions, and customer fraud claims. Develops solutions to problems in situations that are atypical and/or moderately complex based on experience and existing precedents or procedures. Requires decision-making and resolution of issues not clearly defined by policies and procedures. May train less experienced staff within department and serve as subject matter expert for projects. Frequent interaction with teammates, management, suspects, victims, and other financial institutions. Identifies control failures and recommends solutions. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of fraud detection/investigation experience.
- Proficiency in PC skills, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in research and problem resolution.
- Broad understanding of consumer banking practices, policies, and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Prior fraud detection and/ or investigation experience in the financial services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of banking applications, understanding of consumer bank statements and general ledger accounting.
- 10-key by touch @ 10,000 kph.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf