Audit Manager Global Assurance
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Internal Audit Manager - Business and Operations
As an Audit Manager, you will lead a team of auditors to perform six to eight audits annually in various CME subject and processes areas, with a focus on clearing, trading, operations, products and services and market regulation functions. The Global Assurance Internal Audit Manager provides operational and administrative support to the Senior Director of Global Assurance, manages integrated internal audits, conducts projects to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, operational, and technological internal controls. You will provide leadership and coaching to the team throughout the execution of the audit, serving as the point-of-contact to senior leaders within GA and, most importantly, the business. The internal audit manager plans audit assignments in accordance with accepted professional and department standards, prepares reports for management regarding audit results and solutions to mitigate risk and improve operations, and provides guidance to team members.
- Manage internal audits of CME clearing house, trading and clearing operations, products and services, and market regulation.
- Ensure that each audit is effectively planned, coordinated, executed and reported upon. This includes designing audits to assure the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, verifying compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and providing recommendations to enhance efficiencies and/or reduce cost.
- Effectively manage concurrent projects with ultimate responsibility for the quality and timely execution of the team's deliverables. Ensure the team creates accurate, logical, and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing, and conclusions reached.
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive written reports detailing the status and results of the audit, internal within GA and external to senior management.
- Report audit findings to clients and ensure acceptable solutions to mitigate risks are developed. This includes leading discussions with management of the risks and impact to influence and drive action plans.
- Plan follow-up work to ensure adequate remediation of gaps by management.
- Provide input, lead and assist in developing a risk-based audit plan for CME clearing house, trading and clearing operations, products and services, and market regulation
- Establish and manage a positive and collaborative business relationships with GA's clients (auditees) and business partners (e.g., other internal risk management functions) to support effective and efficient risk assessment and audit execution.
- Develop Global Assurance best practices/standards and audit plans.
- Assist in hiring, acclimation and training of other Global Assurance team members, including any consultants and (on and offshore) co-source partners. Direct and review work to ensure GA's Standard Audit Methodology is followed and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards are met.
- Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, education and direction to the Global Assurance staff. Ensure that the staff maintains an acceptable level of productivity and quality. This includes effectively utilizing and establishing clear and relevant performance as well as professional development expectations.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in Accounting, Finance, or Business. MBA or MS degree desirable, but not required.
- 7+ years in internal auditing conducting financial, operational and information technology audits. Prior experience in conducting meetings and preparing and delivering presentations to line, middle and senior management.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA or CISSP preferred, but not required
- Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including MS PowerPoint and Visio. Data Analysis tools (Tableau, ACL, Business Objects, MS Access) and Archer or similar electronic work paper tools desirable but not required.