Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Desktop Engineering team is a new team responsible for providing Fitch Groups strategic road map for the desktop environment, researching and implementing new technologies, owning and maintaining the desktop environment and acting as Third line support. The team support offices in America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia and Latin America. Support and project work encompasses all sites as well as frequent interaction with IT staff in our offices globally.
The Desktop engineering team is currently split between the US and UK, occasional out of hours work may be required. This role will report to the Desktop Engineering Manager.
The environment is a mix of Windows and Mac, the Desktop Engineer is responsible for the following in both environments:
- Ensure desktop environment standard apps are patched regularly
- Update standard images
- Package, update and deploy applications via the software deployment system
- Support and maintain the software deployment environment
- Support and maintain Fitch Group end point protection
- Investigate and resolve tickets escalated by Service Desk teams globally
- Investigate and resolve the underlying cause of Incidents/Problem Management
- Produce documentation for: Desktop Engineering, Service Desk and End users
- Organize, action and implement projects in agreed time frame
- Undertake research and document findings and recommendations
- Develop own technical knowledge to improve ability to resolve requests.
Duties, not limited to:
- Testing and deploying OS and application patches globally
- Updating the group wide core images with the latest patches and applications on VDI, AWS workspaces and Altiris
- Packaging, updating and deployment of software globally
- Upgrading and deploying new End Point Management systems globally
- Maintaining, updating and fault finding Fitch Group end point protection
- Logging, updating, resolving and assigning to others if necessary, all tickets received in the ticketing system, adhering to procedure.
- Methodically troubleshoot issues, discussing with other technical support staff when required, to research and find solutions.
- Assist in defining Project scope and assisting with deliverables globally
- Researching and recommending new technologies to the Desktop Engineering Manager
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for user or technician processes.
- Share technical knowledge with other Desktop Engineers and Service Desk staff
- Contact and work with third party vendors as required for incident and request resolution.
- Research and investigate new desktop technologies and make recommendations on how they could be used or benefit Fitch Group
- Perform user training when required.
- Liaise with local office technical point of contact at branch offices as required.
- Liaise with 3rd Party providers in coordination of resolution/maintenance activities.
- Assist in project deployments when required.
Skills and experience:
- Positive can-do attitude with a mature and professional approach.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills. Must have the ability to listen carefully, express ideas clearly and converse comfortably with a stranger, particularly under pressurized situations either in person or on the telephone.
- Proven, excellent written communication skills - to write professional emails, communicate a range of information to staff across all levels of seniority, create documentation and write up research and analyze data.
- Strong eye for detail and a very good ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Enthusiasm for and genuine interest in IT and technical support. Must also have excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent team working skills, ability to communicate well with others and share ideas as well as knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Strong eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures and implement them with users.
- Must also be patient and empathetic to the issues and concerns of others.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to enable proactive management of calls.
- Methodical approach with lateral thinking ability.
- Ability to cope with demanding situations.
- Willingness to be involved all aspects of IT
Technical Skills Matrix:
Experience supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10, Active Directory
Experience supporting MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Office 365, Office 2013 and Office 2016
Experience with Apple mobile devices
Mac and IOS Certification
Defining and implementing standard Mac Images
McAfee, Symantec, BitLocker, Zscaler, AMP, CrowdStrike
Sophos, behavioral based end point protection and Privileged Access Managent
Software deployment, application packaging
Altiris, WSUS, Casper, SCCM
Print server setup and support, follow me printing set up and support
Microsoft Azure, cloud printing
Scripting and reporting
Sumo logic, Power Shell and Visual Basic
Graduates strongly preferred or equivalent combination of knowledge, experience, training and/or education, ITIL awareness/Foundation certificate preferred. Experience of Financial Institutions not as essential as drive and motivation.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp