Executive Assistant - Investment Banking Location:
Share: Company Description:
William Blair is a premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We are committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is headquartered in Chicago and, together with its strategic partners, operates in more than 20 offices worldwide.
About the Team: Our global footprint provides opportunities to deliver highly strategic advice to market-leading companies around the world. Guided by our unwavering commitment to our clients' success and motivated by our vision to build the premier global boutique investment bank, we provide the industry's brightest minds with the opportunity to thrive in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment and team-oriented culture. Our mission is to provide bold, creative advice to clients and leadership in our markets and our communities. Job Summary & Responsibilities: The Executive Assistant will provide direct administrative coordination and support to senior bankers in our Boston office. The Executive Assistant may interface with both internal and external clients and outside parties and vendors, and will work under limited guidance, due to previous experience and depth of knowledge of administrative processes. The Executive Assistant will independently exercise discretion and independent judgment and should be capable of analyzing information requests and determining trends. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will proactively identify opportunities to create greater efficiencies by utilizing technology and/or updating processes. Responsibilities may include:
- Proactively manages calendars by anticipating needs, adjusting for conflicts, and ensuring all logistics (including materials, location, timing, etc.). Employs effective reasoning skills.
- Collaborates with appropriate internal departments/businesses/individuals and external vendors and resources to manage administrative and logistical aspects of on-site and off-site events.
- Updates and maintains contact databases. May include compiling information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials including preparing reports, charts, graphs, or tables as necessary. Demonstrates the ability to utilize software applications for maximum effect and efficiency.
- Provides office support to include answering phones, greeting and interacting with internal and external clients, distributing mail, maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing, taking meeting minutes, creating documents, processing invoices, etc.
- Participates in other projects that may require the application of independent judgment/interpretation of policies/practices. Acts as a resource and trains new and/or more junior administrative team members.
- Arranges complex travel itineraries and submits expense reports in a timely manner. Will also work with outside groups to coordinate external speaking engagements for executives.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication amongst all relevant parties.
Qualifications: · High school education required; Bachelor's degree a plus. · 7-10+ years working in an office environment in an administrative/executive support role. · Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. · Professional services industry background preferred. · Excellent verbal and written communication skills. · Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills. · Willingness to adapt to change. · Multitasking abilities. · Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. · Strong teamwork ability. · Ability to maintain confidentiality. · Attention to detail. · Ability to prioritize. · Strong organizational skills. · Ability to work independently, proactively identifying opportunity for improvement. · Excellent time management skills.