PrincipalArchitect Cognizant Digital Engineering
If you're like us, you've got big ideas. AtCognizant, we're exploring new ideas every day. W e help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovateproducts that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights andexperiences. CognizantDigital Engineering
designs, engineers, and delivers digital products andexperiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the mostcomprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology forsustainable innovation. Job Summary:
Cognizant is looking for a dynamic architect with experiencedesigning and developing complex software systems and applications. The individual will work with product owners,subject matter experts, and product managers to design and deliver customervalue. The role is expected to leadseveral software engineers in the delivery of custom cloud nativeapplications. The individual in thisrole will ensure that best practices are followed and that quality code isdelivered. Lastly, Cognizant needs anindividual that loves to collaborate with other technologists and enjoysmentoring and coaching. Day-to-DayResponsibilities:
- Works with product owner and developers to groomproduct backlog
- Provides guidance on continuous integration andtest-driven development practices
- Develops API strategy for the overallapplication
- Helps drive Agile ceremonies including iterationplanning, standups and retrospectives
- Develops cloud deployment model of application
- As needed, develops and tests code for UI,services and integration tiers of an application component
- As needed, codes in a developer-pair as part ofan Agile product-focused software development team
- Works with clients to understand business casefor adopting cloud native approach to developing software
- Develops technology strategy for engagement
- Facilitates removal of client technical barriersto engagement success
- Ensures technical collaboration between podteams
- Proficiencyin Cloud Native,Microservices,APIs,Reactive Systems,Analytics & StreamingPipelines, Devops, CI/CD
Why Choose Cognizant?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering subjects
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an application developer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as and application architect
- Deep understanding of software programmingfundamental concepts
- Develops approaches to testing and writes unittests using Junit or other test frameworks
- Creates and maintains CI builds using Jenkins,Concourse or similar tool
- Deep understanding of microservices architectureconcepts and how to implement them
- Has worked with at least one private or publiccloud platform such as Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in designing and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud
- In-depth understanding of Domain Drive Design and 12-Factor applications
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment tools and best practices in DevOps
- Has led Agile development teams
- Demonstrated project management leadership
Ittakes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant TechnologySolutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and evenbigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Ourassociates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industryrecognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds oftechnical training to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities toobtain certifications on the latest technologies.
Everythingwe do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and ourorganization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
Ifyou're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel throughautonomy, we'd love to hear from you!
Cognizantis recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of theVeteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans inbuilding and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage theleadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in themthrough participation in military service. Cognizantis an equal opportunity employer
provider and committed to creating a diverseenvironment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed,color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities,sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classificationprotected by state, federal or local law . About Cognizant
Headquartered in the U.S,Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and wasrecently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine.Cognizant leverages a highly flexible business model, a seamless global deliverynetwork, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of world-classcompanies that are leaders in their own space.