Senior Pricing Analyst / Manager - Derivatives & Cash Markets
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . Job Objective
The Senior Pricing Analyst / Manager will conduct detailed analyses of incentive programs for CME Group's futures and options businesses and for NEX Markets. The Manager will also help to design and implement pricing actions at both CME and NEX Markets to support those businesses' product strategies, and will manage the workflow for pricing approvals.
The individual in this role will prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis to support product line managers in identifying market development opportunities for their products, as well as other more advanced analytics to measure an initiative's impact on liquidity and market health. The role will also have responsibility for providing operational support for incentive programs and incentive program reporting, including assisting with customer on-boarding and report development and set-up. Job Description
- Conduct in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis about market structure and client behavior to understand impacts on liquidity
- Analyze trading data to track success and effectiveness against an initiative's stated goals. Also assist product managers in setting appropriate goals.
- Manage the workflow for pricing approvals within agreed deadlines
- Help manage relationships with key internal and external stake holders including Business Lines, Finance, Legal and IT
- Collaborate with various divisions at CME Group to assist with implementation of pricing strategies across all CME Group's futures and options businesses and NEX Markets
- Facilitate coordination between product managers and sales teams on pricing initiatives, through relationship-building and process improvement
- Provide operational support for incentive program administration and reporting
- Contribute to the development and thought leadership of pricing initiatives at CME Group
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the derivatives and cash markets that our team would develop further so the candidate could eventually connect pricing initiatives to product strategy. Strong analytical ability is required, as the resource will be responsible for analyzing markets, pricing and program performance tracking, and measuring program impacts on market health. Strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships across different groups that carry different interests is critical. Learning how to ask the right questions about product strategy in order to evaluate appropriate pricing tools is also critical.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Business, Economics or Mathematics
- 2-4 years of experience as a Pricing Analyst
- Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the ability to summarize complex data for senior management
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to build and manage relationships internally and externally
- An understanding of the financial markets and the desire to learn about financial derivatives and the spot markets
- Experience with data mining, statistical modeling tools (e.g., R) and underlying algorithms - PLUS not required
- Experience in Excel (advanced), Word, PowerPoint preferred
- Coding experience - SQL is a plus