Senior Software Engineer (Node stack)
Ability to architect solutions, evaluate emerging technology and mentor junior developers will also be required skills.
This position will be seated with a team of in-house front-end developers, and will collaborate within an Agile environment with the back-end team, technical leads, product owners and external vendors. Responsibilities:
- Supporting complex and secure components for modern browsers written in the latest web standards
- Configure, maintain and deploy a NodeJS environment
- Design and implement modern VueJS components to support a large, complicated, ever evolving set of features targeting a corporate audience
- Maintain a complex single page app with modern build tools
- Write and expand testing and performance monitoring using Jest and other tooling
- Assist in skill and career growth of junior team members Requirements for this role:
- Strong background with Node and associated frameworks (Hapi, Express)
- 6+ Consecutive prior years in a software engineering role
- Modern Browser development fundamentals including HTMS/ CSS/ JS General:
- NodeJS, VueJS, Hapi and WebPack experience
- Git and Atlassian suite (JIRA, BitBicket, Bamboo)
- Developing within a Windows environment
- Docker, Kubernetes and Linux/ Bash experience
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .