Software Engineer Java
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- E Trade Financial
- 20 May 19
Software Engineer Java
Who We Are More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role
The Staff, Software Engineering is viewed as a mid-level developer in applications development who can work on the complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge. They are able to work with the technical leads to solve complex application development tasks. They additionally coordinate with users to determine requirements and ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Design and develop Java based applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements complex software applications.
- Creates prototypes.
- Interface with product team to gather requirements. Escalate and communicate issues to manager.
- Resolve issues that other junior team members are unable to solve.
- Provide technical solutions to problems encountered in the team.
- Review the work done by other team members to make sure it adheres to the standards.
- Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous application development issues.
- Coordinates with users to determine requirements.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Computer Information Systems is required.
- 2-4 years minimum as a software developer
- Java, Spring, ORM, OOD
- Strong technical and business communication skills
- Strong Linux/UNIX background
- Strong Shell scripting
- ESQL/DB (Sybase, Oracle) skills
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience working with market data systems is preferred
- Experience working with streaming data systems is preferred
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.