Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Quality Engineer Chicago, IL/en-US/External_Career_CBOE/job/Chicago-IL/Software-Quality-Engineer_R-0846/apply Job Description
This position is to join the Livevol SQA team within CBOE. Youll be part of a small team of test engineers dedicated to developing, modifying, enhancing and implementing customized automated testing frameworks and tools. Primary focus will be on creating frameworks from scratch and expanding existing automated test case coverage in a continuous integration environment. Youll be coordinating with developers to produce test frameworks and test coverage for their projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze system requirements to derive effective solutions for effective testing of both software components and integrated systems. Use business and technical development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions. Deliver high-quality solutions and designs.
- Collaborate within cross-functional team to develop high efficiency testing script engines, execution frameworks, and verification reporting.
- Independently research and resolve highly complex technical problems.
- Collaborate and develop productive working relationships with members of the development team and Systems staff. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both a business and technical level.
- Effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools, and methodologies to support the needs of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level skills with the following languages and/or technologies required:
- Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory, Jira, qTest or similar test management software
- Java with experience writing junit or testng test cases
- MySQL, Postgres or Oracle DB
- Network and Messaging protocols
- Web Applications, RESTful Web Services
- Jmeter or similar stress testing applications
- Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of Python or C# a plus
- Use of development process guidelines including Scrum and Kanban
- Deep understanding of core java programming principles, data structures, framework design, and architecture.
- Ability to:
- Create fully automated testcases for projects developed in Java, C++, C#, and Python for both Linux and Windows platforms
- Gather business requirements, translate those requirements into test plans, and create requirements traceability
- Plan/manage/prioritize work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects; work concurrently on complex activities and tasks to accomplish goals; meet individual and/or team goals for a quality, on-time outcome; allocate and utilize time efficiently to complete work on schedule; shift focus quickly relative to changing priorities; identify and communicate potential conflicts that may impact commitments;
- Identify problems and collect relevant information for analysis; apply tools and logic to diagnose and develop theories on possible causes; look for root causes, not just symptoms; use judgment and experience to complement data; develop practical and relevant solutions; seek expertise or escalate problems when appropriate;
- Work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to co-workers; balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in full life cycle software development in a professional environment with focus on QA Automation.
- Experience working in the financial industry preferred.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Posted 3 Days AgoFull timeR-0846
Cboe is always looking for intelligent, innovative and hard-working individuals. Our success is based on our talented team of industry and technology professionals, which we believe is the strongest in the industry, and we pride ourselves on hiring the best and brightest.