Senior Manager, Asset Management Tax
Requisition #: 48233
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Chicago, IL
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our practice.
- Build and manage client relationships while managing a portfolio of large clients and acting as a first point of contact for internal and external clients
- Manage relationships at a senior level with large clients, advise on tactical issues, have a high level of responsibility for service delivery, and manage teams of tax professionals/assistants working on client projects
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagement, including billing, collections, and budget for assigned projects
- Assess the tax impact on clients, develop tax arguments to support conclusions, and suggest recommendations to clients
- Participate in, and contribute to, market and business activities that are external to the firm while providing direction to, and maintaining, managerial responsibility for a team
- Act as a coach and mentor to other tax professionals
- A minimum of eight years of experience as a tax senior manager in a public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college/university; licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Alternative investments (investment partnership and/or mutual fund tax) experience
- Proficiency in the taxation of corporations, consolidated entities, partnerships, and other flow-through entities including reviewing 1120 RIC, 1065 tax returns, including Schedule K-1
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex financial information
- Experience managing multiple client engagements and client service teams
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.