Auditor, Senior Associate
Job Description Auditor Senior Associate, Corporate Audit
* The Auditor is expected to become consistently proficient in applying audit skills in a relatively short time frame (6 months).
* The Auditor will assist in the performance of audits, specifically focusing on fieldwork and testing the internal control environment of State Street Corporation, globally.
* The candidate should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls, assess risks and in applying audit skills.
* The Auditor will complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings in an automated workpaper program.
* The Auditor will communicate audit progress and findings by preparing reports and providing information in meetings.
* The Auditor will develop and write-up audit findings and make recommendations for review by the Senior Auditor and Audit Manager.
* The Auditor will ensure adherence to company policies, Corporate Audit procedures, The Institute of Internal Audit Standards and industry regulations.
* The Auditor will stays abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in industry regulations.
* As skills develop the Auditor will be given increasing responsibilities to make independent decisions within the limited scope of the audit assignment.
Bachelor degree - undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Quantitative Economics, Mathematics , Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology with a strong academic background.
* The Auditor requires strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and must have solid time management skills.
* The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to research industry regulations when necessary.
* The candidate must be able to learn audit skills and techniques in a relatively short period of time.
* The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with Senior Management of State Street Corporation.
* The Auditor must have the willingness to develop core competencies for financial services auditors and follow the guidelines established by Corporate Audit.
* The Auditor will be expected to develop overall product knowledge and business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.