Business Systems Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS Investment Management's Global Technology and Investment Operations group is looking to hire a Business Systems Analyst. In this role, you will help develop systems technology projects that address the business needs of the MFS organization. You will collaborate with Enterprise Architecture (EA), Enterprise Information Management (EIM), external vendors and internal IT resources to develop, test, and deploy technology solutions. Principal Responsibilities
- Perform analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Work with portfolio managers, traders and investment operations business users to understand and define needs. Convert business requirements into functional specifications and work closely with project team members, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals in an Agile environment to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable.
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Ensure proper data processing by using data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Collaborate with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Review test cases developed by the QA team and work with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Work to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Create and maintain proper training materials and business documentation.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Provide application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- Mentor and advise less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a minimum of four years' experience in the financial services industry, ideally supporting buy-side technology (Trading and investment exposure a plus!)
- Intermediate technical skills including an understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes. Background in the entire trade lifecycle and derivative processing preferred.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- A firm understanding of systems development lifecycle and Agile framework.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."