Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior ETL Developer Job Locations US-MA-Boston Posted Date 3 weeks ago(9/28/2020 6:27 PM)
Job ID 2020-2523
# of Openings 1
Boston Private is a leading provider of fully integrated wealth management, trust and private banking services. For more than 25 years, Boston Private has taken a highly personalized approach to serving the complex financial needs of individuals, families, business owners, private partnerships, nonprofits and community partners. Boston Private is also an active provider of financing for affordable housing, first-time homebuyers, economic development, social services, community revitalization and small businesses.
Headquartered in Boston, Boston Private has offices across the U.S. including Boston, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and South Florida. Private banking and trust services are provided through Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. Wealth management services are provided through Boston Private Wealth LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser and a wholly owned subsidiary of Boston Private Bank & Trust Company.
- Reporting to the Head of Data Management, the Senior ETL Developer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of our data and reporting marts and zones and the data transformations from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Marts and downstream consuming applications.
- Designing and developing architectures for efficient and scalable data transformations inbound to the EDW and outbound to consuming data stores and systems within Azure and the BP Enterprise Data Architecture
- Provides subject matter expertise in addressing projects and issues that encompass a wide range of internal and external systems (Core banking, Wealth, Trust, Data Warehousing), components, and processes
- Work closely with DART members such as Data Analysts, Report Developers, QA, Release Management and other software engineers to develop and release new capabilities as well as research technical requirements and resolve issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with data migration and transformation within the Microsoft Azure environment such as DataBricks, Data Factory, bespoke code, and other applications in the Development. Test and Production environments. Perform production deployments.
- Ensure the quality, completeness, security, privacy, and integrity of data throughout the data lifecycle, especially from Data Lake through downstream data delivery and reporting
- Implement code changes and follow DART’s control process including code check in, code reviews, jira issue updates
- Leverages industry best practices data transformation and processing techniques, tools and coding languages, data models, query optimizations & analytics; share same with team
- Extend and maintain the EDW/Mart zone such that they enable self-service capabilities for business power users to self-upload, analyze and report on governed data assests
- Serve as lead developer on the DART Data Governance technical working group t o ensure all standards and polices are implemented, maintained and enforced
- Provide weekly data integrity reporting to the Data Governance technical working group for the EDW and Data Marts to ensure integrity standards are actively monitored
- 10+years’ Application Development/Engineering experience across a diverse technology base.
- Demonstrated understanding and successful application of proven database design principles such as: requirements analysis, data normalization, data modeling, risk management and quality assurance and for OLTP andOLAP database systems.
- Demonstrated expertise with relational databases (SQL server, Oracle), star schemas required.
- 5+years’ experience with Microsoft ETL and data transformation technologies including but not limited to SQL Server database, SSIS SSRS and SSAS and their application within the Microsoft Azure environment and tools such as Data Bricks.
- Hands on experience and expertise in SQL,Python, Scala, Java.
- 3+ Years developing in Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Working knowledge of Spark, Lamda, Kafka.
- Strong direct Data Modeling experience using Relational, Dimensional and other approaches related to SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with MongoDB, Sybase, Exadata, and HBase.
- Financial Services experience in Banking and/or Lending, Investment Management. and/or Advisory is a requirement
- An understanding of AI/ML applications is required and experience a plus
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau is a plus.
Boston Private is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS