Human Resources Advisor
MD/SVP, Global Head of Human Resources, Global Advisors Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/MD-SVP--Global-Head-of-Human-Resources--Global-Advisors_R-636395/apply
Manages a group of HR professionals in the design, development and management of key strategic HR initiatives for State Street Global Advisors and the delivery of HR consulting services. Develops and maintains partnerships with the CEO/President and the senior management teams to effectively achieve business results and manage global human resources activities. Current areas of focus include:
- Assessment of talent capabilities and gaps with particular focus on strategic growth areas including active and alternatives investing, exchange traded products and the defined contribution market
- Strengthen our culture of risk excellence
- Continued evolution of compensation plans to attract and retain talent
- Achieve multi-year diversity goals
- Develops the global HR strategy and prioritizes and executes multiple initiatives aimed at supporting the performance, development, reward, engagement and retention of Global Advisors employees
- Member of State Street Global Advisors Executive Management Group (EMG) and Operating Group
- Develops and maintains partnerships with senior decision-makers within client groups to effectively achieve business results and manage complex HR activities.
- Consults and influences executives on a variety of strategic HR issues including workforce development, culture and employee engagement, compensation and diversity strategy
- Leads strategic HR change efforts within the organization.
- Provides advice, coaching and counsel to State Street Global Advisors CEO in relation to organizational planning and execution.
- Hires and manages performance and development of cross-functional HR staff globally, which includes a direct reporting team of HR Business Partners and a virtual team of staff which includes Center of Excellence (COE) representatives in Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development and Employee Relations and Inclusion & Diversity
- Responsible for team engagement and effectiveness including the development and delivery of State Street Global Advisors talent plan.
- Provides leadership on due diligence efforts for corporate acquisitions, divestitures, business relocations, re-organizations, out sourcing and start-up activities.
- Partners very closely with the CFO of State Street Global Advisors to advise the CEO on key headcount and budget goals are met
- Engage with external clients to further educate and advise on HR talent and culture related initiatives
- Bachelors degree in business, human resources or related field.
- 15 years of progressive HR or related experience in, HR strategy development, organizational development, compensation and/or talent acquisition within a large and dynamic organization. Experience in the investment management industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute HR strategy which supports the business goals and objectives.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Proven communication, consulting, interpersonal, and influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle high visibility issues with potential client, reputational and expense related impact and/or exposure.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of management globally
- Ability to personally adapt and shift priorities in a fast-paced environment and act as a point of connection across various parts of State Street Global Advisors and State Street
Posted 4 Days AgoFull timeR-636395
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .