Lead Java Developer
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 20 May 19
Lead Java Developer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Mosaic Risk & Analytics Team is responsible for providing advanced quantitative tools such as analytic calculators, risk models, cash flow engines, liquidity evaluation frameworks, technical pattern modeling, and asset allocation strategies to Wellington's portfolio management and research teams. Members of the team play critical roles in firm's success by providing proprietary technology solutions, which enable complex investment decision-making.
This lead role will combine quantitative and software engineering skills to drive development of firm's next generation of quantitative tools.
Keys to this Position:
- Technical Stack: The candidate should have strong hands-on skills with core Java, SQL and relational database management systems.
- This is a Technical Leadership role that requires strong communication and leadership skills. This is a very hands-on role. This is not a manager role.
- Financial services are preferred, not required. Candidates from other buy-side, sell-side or financial software vendors are highly desired.
- Participate in full-cycle software development including development, regression testing, deployment, and production support.
- Provide technical leadership to a development team with responsibility for architecture, design and implementation.
- Partner closely with investment and research teams to understand business needs and to create effective technical solutions.
- Lead implementation of business process improvements involving (but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
- At least 7 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Experience with, and demonstrated understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience developing J2EE solutions using Java, JDBC, Web Services, Messaging, and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database technologies.
- Delivery focus and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical production environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, physics, statistics or other related field.
In addition, the following qualifications would be a plus:
- Understanding of fixed income security data, analytics and risk management concepts.
- Prior experience using distributed computing, grid or cloud technologies, particularly Amazon Web Services. Experience with any of the following technologies:
Lead Java Developer
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .