Requisition #: 46981
Practice Area: Tax
Location: Boston, MA
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our practice.
- Advise clients and be accountable for delivering high quality tax service and advice and play a key role in growing KPMG's Closely Held Business/Family Office tax practice, both locally and on a national level
- Manage tax compliance and consulting services for multi-generational family and private-equity backed businesses through to owner-managed and fast-growing start-ups. Provide analyses of financial, gift, estate, and income tax issues for ultra-high net-worth individuals and families
- Serve as the trusted advisor to ultra-high net worth families on strategic, operational, and financial matters and staying current and ahead of cutting-edge tax-related developments, legislative and regulatory changes affecting high net individuals and family offices
- Build, manage, direct, and monitor multiple client engagements teams while maintaining active communication with clients in an effort to manage expectations and help ensure client satisfaction
- Lead, participate in and contribute to market and business development activities external to the firm; including identifying and pursuing new potential client service opportunities by collaborating with KPMG's Audit and Advisory practices
- Contribute to the growth, experience, and institutional knowledge of the Closely Held Business/Family Office tax practice team members
- A minimum of eight years of tax experience in an accounting firm, corporation, and/or law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations needs to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Demonstrated track record of business development with the ability to develop and maintain existing internal and external client relationships and help build new relationships with key targets
- Experience leading multiple engagements and client service teams as well as developing and mentoring staff within a collaborative team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.