PRODUCT, PRACTICE AND KNOWLEDGE (PPK) GROUP AT BAIN
Over the past two decades, Bain has formalized Industry and Capability areas, internally known as “Practices”, integral to how Bain wins and delivers results to its clients. The Product, Practice, and Knowledge group at Bain fosters innovation and supports delivery of our consulting staff. The PPK group is filled with world-class business leaders, product owners, engineers and knowledge specialists. The PPK group is critical to our commercial success and are a key strategic priority within Bain. Specifically, the PPK Group defines and implements their own strategy and allocates resources in order to:
For an overview of Bain’s Industry and Capability Practice architecture, go to the Global Experience Center (GXC) or visit www.Bain.com.
This product manage role will be supporting the Global Telecom practice. You will be working with the most senior Telecom leaders including the Global Telecom Practice Head. You will be reporting to the Practice Principal over the Media and Telecom practice.
The Practices are critical to commercial success and are a key strategic priority within Bain.
The Practices are growing & evolving—lots of opportunity. And high visibility.
The Telecom Rapid Diagnostic Practice Consultant will report to the Telecom & Media Practice Principal. As part of your role, you will also be working with Consultants and Analysts in our Bain Capability Center. This role is part of a tight, collaborative community of ~50 Practice Consultants globally, creating a team of peers with which to collaborate, learn from and experience-share.
The global telecom practice has created a new to Bain role that is a blend of product development, product management and product delivery. This role will be vital to the commercial success of the Telecom practice. This is a unique position within Bain as it has three core focuses. You will be running a startup and incubator within the Telecom practice.
As part of our growth effort, the Telecom practice is developing a series of 1-3 week products deployed in a low touch, high value, highly repeatable fashion. The products will be deployed outside of the typical M+4 client model. The Telecom Rapid Diagnostic Consultant will be responsible for:
ADDITIONAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
• Drive with capability leaders a low touch, high value, high repeatable product for a defined product/capability area
• Validate need with other telecom leaders
• Build product MVP by leveraging person ability, BCN ability, and outside vendors
• Identify outside vendors that can accelerate development, lower deployment costs, or provide more valuable insights
• Work with regional teams to customize if needed
2. PRODUCT DEPLOYMENT
• Provide selling support to capability leaders by creating compelling pitch/selling materials
• Participate in selling/serving efforts (direct client interactions) in order to gain first-hand insights on how the products are meeting client needs and potential refinement areas
• Drive successful deployment of products at client levering our practice and BCN resources
• Train the broader practice team (e.g. Regional Practice Managers) so they can answer basic requests and help triage / identify opportunities
• Maintain GXC (Bain’s internal intranet) and Bain.com page with cutting edge content and updated client examples
3. PRODUCT MANAGMENT
• Based on first hand product deployments, refine product MVP into a Version 1. Update capabilities, partners, and data usage to make the product more valuable, faster and deployable with fewer resources.
• Develop and execute the product marketing strategy – mix of editorial/publication, public speaking/conferences/forums, roadshows, marketing events, etc.
• Collect and disseminate latest thinking and approaches of key competitors, develop and refresh a compelling articulation of the Bain products’ differentiation
• Build personal credentials in order to create inbound inquiries and demand, e.g. be known for effectively helping client teams address their questions, attend conferences, co-author IP, lead training, represent the products in front of important audiences, etc.
• Develop an external network, cultivate relationships with key organizations
4. BUILD AN INSPIRED AND ENGAGED PRACTICE TEAM
• Prioritize activity, match demand to resources in order to strike the right balance and a sustainable pace
• Contributes to team members’ professional development
• Inspires and leads by example: team members are engaged (not just satisfied)
• Coaches team to adopt a very strong service orientation in everything they do: creates promoters
KEY CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep telecom experience
• MBA or master’s degree with outstanding academic credentials preferred, but not required
• Seasoned experience with product development and management
• Knowledge of, and practice experience with, the leading business and analytic tools used by Bain
• Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills, and is a proven self-starter (comfortable with what could be a remote supervisor and team)
• Strong communication skills and ability to establish credibility with senior leaders
• Ability to operate independently and manage competing priorities with minimal supervision
• Experience and proficiency creating high quality presentations
Irrespective of an individual’s specific background, the successful candidate will be:
• Collaborative – someone who knows how to work with and through others to drive results and make change happen, and is customer service oriented
• Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive - someone who knows how to prioritize what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished; “roll up the sleeves” type of attitude
• Bright – both insightful and creative, with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic, with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able”. Possesses an affinity for data-driven insights to make decisions, and able to harness knowledge and expertise of the best content to support the Practice
• Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence”; adaptable across executive, technical and Bain audiences
• Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and natural skills in relationship development – ability to develop an extensive network of relevant relationships both internally and externally, as required
• Inspirational Leadership - track record of successfully managing high-performing team members, motivating and developing colleagues above and below their own tenure
• A great colleague and teammate - passionate about the task at hand and fun to be around; someone with whom Bainies and clients go out of their way to work
Ind123Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS