US Regulatory Reporting, AVP
Who we are looking for
This role will support the Vice President, US Regulatory Reporting in the production and review of the FR Y-9C, FFIEC 031 and other consolidated entity filings. The candidate will bring strong communication, analytical and technical skills to the role to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of the regulatory reports. The individual will work closely with a geographically diverse team to build relationships, drive cross-functional projects, and ensure compliance with various oversight groups. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As US Regulatory Reporting, Assistant Vice President you will
What we value
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of various financial US regulatory reports
- Lead the production and review of key regulatory reports, including FFIEC 031 and FR Y-9C, as well as other reports of varying frequency
- Drive project work streams to enhance processes and reporting
- Serve as a subject matter expert on various US regulatory reports and schedules
- Prepare, review and maintain detailed, organized, and clearly documented workpapers
- Maintain department's policy and procedure documents, controls and self-assessments
- Stay abreast of regulatory and reporting updates, review and interpret guidance, and apply changes as needed
- Participate in new product on-boarding
- Participate in UAT for automation initiatives
- Liaise and coordinate with First, Second, and Third Lines of Defense to ensure compliance with established policies and controls
- Work with both domestic and international business units to share knowledge to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Promotes teamwork, works collaboratively, and builds effective working relationships
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance
- Provides guidance to junior team members
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, with US GAAP familiarity required
- CPA, MBA, or Master's degree in accounting or finance a plus
- Background in public accounting or bank reporting a plus
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products and able to learn other systems quickly; Axiom and Essbase familiarity a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers