Finance Manager/Sr Finance Manager Charles River Development
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Finance Manager or Senior Finance Manager, reporting to the Director of Finance, will be a business partner and manage the planning and forecasting processes company-wide. Lead in complex financial modeling and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Support the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes, including detailed analytics and financial recommendations related to the assumption and goal setting process.
- Produce and/or enhance internal management reporting and analyses both on a regularly scheduled and ad-hoc basis.
- Perform periodic operational and financial reporting and analysis.
- Perform analysis to support the monthly and quarterly metrics reporting process and distribution to key stakeholders.
- Develop financial models and perform scenario analysis to support valuation, planning, and forecasting.
- Logically structure complex issues and communicate conclusions and alternatives to a range of senior executives including the CFO.
- Research large amounts of data that requires consolidation to allow for concise analysis.
- Anticipate financial planning needs by providing monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and analysis as needed.
- Utilize current documentation and tools/methodologies and recommend new solutions to improve/automate existing and new processes and support new initiatives.
- Build detailed P&L-level models, run scenario analyses, and perform ad-hoc analyses to assist executive management in making financing, budgeting, and investment decisions;
- Evaluate new program initiatives, processes, and provide recommendations to executive management based on financial impact.
- Develop dashboards KPI/metrics that provide management daily visibility into the performance and health of the business.
- Coordinate across departments/functions internally to communicate and produce deliverables on a timely basis;
- Strategy: Serve as a trusted, strategic finance partner to the leadership team in the areas of operating expenses, capital spend, ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability and help define and develop a 3-5 year operating plan.
- Analytics: Serve as the analytics point to advice leadership of the impact of business decisions and opportunities for financial improvement.
- Planning: Serve as a key stakeholder in the development of the annual operating plan, budgeting, forecasting, and review.
- Reporting: Provide visibility, governance and timely reporting of financials and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Leadership: Lead a financial analyst and adhere to the mission and values of CRD at all time
- Critical thinking in a structured fashion and translate leadership discussions into an analytical decision-making framework.
- Develop strong business relations, and be a trusted advisor to leadership team.
- Manage one - two Financial Analyst.
Requirements and Qualifications:
A BA/BS degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or another related major; CPA/MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8-12 years of progressively responsible experience in business, finance or similar relevant experience.
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a quantitatively-heavy position. Strong quantitative and analytical competency is a must.
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is required.
- Revenue recognition experience including working knowledge of GAAP ASC 606.
- Thorough understanding of financial planning principles and SaaS based metrics.
- Advanced Excel skills including logic functions.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior management. Excellent interpersonal communication as well as written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve results without close supervision.
- Understands the importance of deadlines and has a track record of delivering (i.e. seeing things through and getting things done in line with expectations).
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently and also has the strong desire to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated practical, hands-on, "can-do" approach, and the ability to work efficiently and creatively.
- Advanced Excel user, experience with planning systems, and ability and desire to dig into details is a must.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular business hours.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed in a stationary position (E.G. sitting or standing) such as answering the phone, operation of a computer, and/or operation of a photocopier.
• Involves movement between departments to facilitate workflow.
Internal and External Contacts:
• Interfaces regularly in both verbal and written form with all levels of professionals. Interfaces directly with employees from all departments to resolve related issues in a timely manner.
• Interfaces regularly with internal customers and third party service providers.
• Reports to the Finance Director, who provides supervision, guidance and evaluates work performance on a periodic basis.