Principal Software Engineer (C#), Charles River Development, Vice President
Principal Software Engineer (C#), Charles River Development, Vice President - Burlington, MA Who we are looking for
Charles River Development (CRD) employs hundreds of the best and brightest software engineers in the software industry. The Trading Team based out of our Burlington (MA) office is hiring a Principal C# Engineer (VP level) to join their well established group and help drive product development initiatives. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong, senior level engineering team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space. Investment firms in more than 40 countries use Charles River IMS to manage more than US $30 Trillion in assets in the institutional investment, wealth management and hedge fund industries. Our Software as a Service-based solution (SaaS) is designed to automate and simplify investment management on a single platform - from portfolio management and risk analytics through trading and post-trade settlement, with integrated compliance and managed data throughout. What you will be responsible for
As Principal Software Engineer you will
What we value
- Influence and impact the architecture, standards, and design of key product initiatives for applications in C#/WPF and Java services
- Work with reference data systems and market data (i.e. Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg APIs, etc.)
- Work with FIX protocol and FIX certification process
- Execute performance analysis and optimizations
- Provide vision and direction to engineering teams
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong ability to debug multi-tier, highly multi-threaded, transactional code
- Strong Object Oriented design and development skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Product delivery experience, includes developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Senior Individual Contributor or Architect level, considered the top within their organization
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector
About State Street What we do.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- 7+ years of professional C# development experience, additional experience with Java development is a plus
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers