Senior FIX Account Manager - Charles River - Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
A well qualified candidate to become a member of our Charles River Network Services team, as a Senior FIX(Financial Information Exchange) Account Manager. This is a position responsible for managing customer and vendor service orders, serving independently as customers' primary point of contact for non-technical issues, full & independent project management of initial customer setup and moves/changes, tracking and communicating status, obtaining and maintaining database of associated data, reviewing and managing customer and vendor invoice data. Additional tasks & projects as assigned. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in 2019. What you will be responsible for
As a Sr. FIX Account Manager you will:
What we value:
- Project management: With minimal management oversight and some decision-making latitude, serve independently as the Top Tier, global customers' primary point of contact on all non-technical, FIX issues. Schedule, coordinate, and lead project kickoff & recurring calls. Manage service orders - installations, moves, and changes. Report to customer the statuses of: project milestone tasks, testing/certification progress, broker approvals and connection statuses. Coordinate & drive calls solely with vendors and CRD staff and/or customers. Explain sensitive invoicing issues and more complex CRD FIX-related policies such as the EMS policy to Top Tier Buyside and Sellside clients globally. Serve as migration project lead for service bureau or large (> 50 connections) migrations involving multiple brokers and Buysides. Update customer tracking database, as needed.
- Manage independently or optionally with minimal management oversight customer and vendor service orders including preparation, receipt, and verification of all contract and service order documents.
- Open independently Legal Help Tickets and provides requisite information for MLSA amendments & tracks receipt thereof; sends out amendments to Buysides and follows to completion
- Prepare reports and create customized spreadsheets for various service-related statistics for internal use as well as for external use by clients as needed. Update Excel Macros for all database changes.
- Interface with Sales, Legal, Finance, Business Development, Implementation, Marketing, Saas Operations, Client Services, and Product departments with respect to new and existing customers, contracts, service orders, project status, new FIX-related initiatives, and data inquiries.
- Oversee accounting-related tasks including customer invoice data preparation and vendor invoice verification when training Associate FIX Account Manager. Communicate verbally and in writing sensitive customer and vendor invoicing issues both externally & internally.
- Ensure accuracy of database information and documentation. Recommends and creates Product Tracking Items to improve efficiencies.
- Perform extensive database testing prior to or following patches and upgrades. Coordinate all Account Manager testing feedback and coordinate with System Administrator for retesting and final closure.
- Mentors Associate FIX Account Manager on CRN client accounts
- Assists Team Lead with training of new hires on procedures & FIX terminology
- In Team Lead's absence, serves as escalation contact and advisor to other team members
- Writes first draft of procedural documents and updates established documents when required
- Contributes to brainstorming meetings around new FIX-related initiatives impacting workflows and database maintenance.
- Assists Team Lead with intradepartmental projects and serves as interdepartmental representative on new initiatives as assigned
- Oversees audit verification and reconciliations
- Open VPN tunnel tickets for Buyside & Sellside clients, when needed.
- Additional support tasks or special projects as assigned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced customer service and operations support environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and internal staff to complete projects and service orders in a timely fashion.
- Experience with software applications along with a desire and ability to understand them is a plus.
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading university or college in a business-related or technical field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience in a Financial/Software Services industry.
- Strong knowledge of FIX networks including the design and function of leased lines and VPN tunnels as well as a full understanding of failover options for business continuity.
- A working knowledge of FIX protocol including FIX tags related to FIX connections & routing.
- Demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines.
- Proactive account management skills with a proven track record of balancing the demands of multiple demanding client accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate resolutions to project and/or policy conflicts to the advantage of both customers and employers
- Proven ability to engage in Product testing for business software application changes and enhancements & serve as project lead on Product Tracking items and migration projects
- Ability to educate associate-level colleagues in FIX terminology & CRD policies/processes
- Ability to partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service, to explain FIX network Production & Disaster Recovery designs, user connectivity & encryption options and to clarify new and/or sensitive policy or process changes
- Intermediate level Excel spreadsheet skills; Ability to update established Macros or create new ones as required.
- Excellent customer service skills; attention to detail; and strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers