Windows Systems Engineer
Team Lead, Windows Systems Engineers - Charles River Burlington Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Burlington-Massachusetts/Team-Lead--Systems-Engineering_R-624223/apply
Team Lead, Systems Engineering - Charles River Development - Burlington, MA
Primary Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of the Team Lead position is to manage and support the global SaaS Infrastructure L3 engineering team. This team is responsible for developing and integrating new client-facing services, planning and executing major system upgrades, advanced system troubleshooting, and SME-level support for several critical SaaS components. This is a hands-on, technical position that is expected to also contribute to the teams engineering efforts at a senior level. This position works closely with other segments of the SaaS Infrastructure group (L2 System Administration, Database, and Security), other teams in SaaS Operations, and other departments within CRD.
- Lead, mentor, and support a team of 4 to 6 senior system engineers.
- Manage complex support relationships with key vendors, including managed hosting providers.
- Provide regular feedback on performance and develop skills of team members.
- Manage work assignments and priorities for team members.
- Provide advanced production infrastructure support for our large and complex base of live clients.
- Review and influence the evolving architecture and standards for our SaaS infrastructure.
- Collect business requirements for new services and translate them to technical goals for team members.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshooting production systems with strong focus on continuous improvement
- Perform capacity planning for server resources and work with vendors to add resources as required.
- Define and run a system management program for all infrastructure applications and services, such as Citrix XenApp, file transfer servers, identity management, and job scheduling.
- Create and maintain detailed procedural documentation and diagrams.
- Lead incident response and troubleshooting efforts as issues arise.
- Participate in periodic weekend maintenance rotation.
- Adhere to CRD technical standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintain awareness on industry standards, internal policies, and best practices.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous team lead or management experience (having no direct reports is ok, as long as you were in the role as a Team Leader)
- Bachelors degree in a technical or analytical discipline such as Computer Science, IT, MIS/CIS, Engineering, Financial Engineering, Science, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Relevant industry technical certifications preferred (ex: CCNA/CCNP, MCSA/MCSE, CISSP).
- 10+ years of experience supporting mission critical production operations
- 5+ years of senior level experience on a system engineering team that was responsible for new service integration, automation development, platform design, or advanced support and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years with MS Windows Server system administration or application server support.
- Experience with Azure, AWS, or other public cloud providers preferred.
- Advanced understanding of relevant core Microsoft enterprise technologies, such as Active Directory, Group Policies, IIS, WSUS, DFS, DNS, NTFS etc.
- Some practical experience working with SSL/TLS certificates and a basic understanding of cryptography concepts.
- Knowledge of basic network architecture concepts (zones/DMZ, VLANs, segmentation, subnetting. LAN/WAN),
- General exposure to firewalls, switches, routers, and other networking devices. Good working knowledge of basic firewall configuration concepts (ACL, NAT/PAT, routing statements, ports, protocols, VPNs)
- Experience with SQL Server or other database technologies strongly preferred.
- Experience with job scheduling software a plus (ex: Cisco Tidal, AutoSys, BMC Control-M)
- Experience developing reusable code with PowerShell or other appropriate scripting/programming languages to assist with system administration related tasks.
- Some exposure to DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkin, Gitlab etc. a plus.
- Experience with ITIL/ITSM concepts strongly preferred.
- Expertise with Viso desired.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-624223
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .