Senior Systems Analyst, IBOR Support
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As a member of the Core Transactional Technology team, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the stability reliability, and data quality of Wellington's proprietary Investment Book of Work (IBOR) and Investment View (IV) platforms. The IBOR is a new and upcoming firmwide platform providing real-time portfolio information that is essential for portfolio construction, analysis and guideline monitoring across all investment products and asset classes. IV is a similar platform that has been in production for 10+ years and is used by the entire firm. Both these platforms consume transactional and reference data from multiple Wellington systems/applications and transform it for consumption by investment business teams.
In this role, the Senior Analyst will work in a team of 6-7 systems analysts and software engineers and should have the ability to motivate and mentor both direct team members as well as members of the extended IBOR/IV teams.
Approximately 70% of the role is hands-on, including complex data analysis, issue resolution, and requirements documentation. As this is a highly visible role requiring frequent interaction with both business users and IT stakeholders across multiple teams, e
xcellent communication, collaboration and delivery skills are essential. The Senior Analyst must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively under pressure and balance multiple priorities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced IT professional to lead a strong, collaborative team in a critical role.
Success will open up opportunities to take on a broader role within the Core Transactional Technology team.
Keys to this position:
- Domain knowledge: Broad knowledge of Financial Instruments (Equities, Fixed Income, Asset Allocation. etc.).
- Communication skills: This individual will interface with business stakeholders and collaborate with other IT teams to resolve issues.
- Strong Data Analyst skills. Perform in-depth analysis on investment data (IBOR) to troubleshoot system issues.
- Technical skills: SQL is required. Knowledge of Python is a big plus.
- We are seeking a hands-on, technical support person with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Location: Marlborough preferred. Boston is also ok if they are flexible and can go to Marlborough as needed.
- Own changes to the applications as they migrate to production including, but not limited to stability, reliability, and data quality.
- Address support issues, data quality exceptions, and ad-hoc queries requiring detailed data analysis.
- Monitor health of applications, servers, network and storage in conjunction with production support teams.
- Monitoring, triaging, troubleshooting and resolving critical alerts generated from applications. Troubleshoot application-related errors and issues.
- Handle production incidents and collaborate with members of the dev team and/or external teams to determine the root cause and the appropriate corrective actions.
- Answer functional and technical questions from business users for a defined set of business applications (Portfolio Construction, Trading, Portfolio Accounting, Compliance etc.).
- Look for opportunities to create reusable solutions to common problems, or define application enhancements to avoid problems altogether including creating/updating SOPs for common problems.
- Build a strong partnership with the delivery (including development and analysis) and business teams to maintain and the stability and data quality of the supported products.
- Closely work with development and QA team to ensure that stories are being developed and tested according to business requirements.
- 7+ years' data analysis or systems analysis experience in investment management or financial services environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent data skills with hands-on knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with the use of service delivery tools to manage request and issues.
- Ability to juggle and track many tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform research and share knowledge with global team members.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities (ability to provide direction, be a positive example, and act as a role model to the rest of the team).
- Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to collaborate across multiple teams to build consensus.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions.
- Familiarity with financial instruments including equity, fixed income, and derivatives.
- Ability to learn advanced investment data concepts quickly.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
- Knowledge of Python would be a plus.
Senior Systems Analyst, IBOR Support JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .