CCO & GC - Waltham, MA
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 10 Nov 18
Wealth Management/ Registered Investment Advisor seeks CCO & GC to join a well established, growing and highly reputable firm in Boston Metro West.
My client is a highly reputable, boutique Wealth Management firm who provides financial planning strategies for both continued financial matters, and significant life events. They adopt a holistic approach to Wealth Management and are held accountable to high fiduciary standards. Most new business comes through personal referrals or recommendations from their existing client base.
Their service offering is broad and as a firm, they are around 70 strong. Services include investment management, significant life event planning, tax planning, in-house broker dealer, retirement and education fund planning, estate and trust services and family office services.
Reporting directly into the Co-Managing Partner, the Chief Compliance Officer is at the heart of the wealth management firm. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills and a commitment to strong client service. He or she will be part of maintaining a robust compliance program and partnering with the business to build a scalable infrastructure to support continued growth. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of compliance related to the operation of an SEC registered investment advisor and affiliated Broker Dealer which is a FINRA member
- Manage periodic external compliance reviews and the annual surprise custody examination
- Establish and maintain effective compliance policies and procedures as well as compliance testing programs, and conducting regular reviews for effectiveness
- Direct line management of the compliance team (currently one employee, an experienced Compliance Specialist)
- Develop and implement compliance training and education, as needed
- Manage registration, licensing, and continuing education requirements for the Firm's registered representatives
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and developments and ensure necessary updates when compliance policies and procedures are made
- Communicate effectively with Firm management and staff.
Apply today using the link provided.
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- JD required
- Experience working for the SEC or FINRA a plus
- 7+ years of relevant experience, managing and administering a comprehensive compliance program, ideally for an investment advisor with an affiliated Broker Dealer
- Experience with the Schwab compliance system or similar compliance portals a plus
- Understanding of best practices and drive to stay ahead of evolving practices and risks in compliance and experience in developing and implementing compliance policies systems and processes
- Up to date knowledge on regulatory trends affecting Registered Investment Advisers and Broker-Dealers
- Knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, FINRA rules, AML/KYC, marketing and advertising regulations, related rules and industry best practices
- Experience with external and regulatory audits and/or examinations
- Series 7 and 24 strongly preferred
- Competitive base salary
- LTIP (long term incentive program)
- Profit sharing program
- Competitive paid time off
- Competitive benefits package
- Metrowest working location
- Close-knit, highly competent, collaborating, team environment with incredibly low staff turnover and high staff retention