Director, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Director, Software Engineering
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services (MPGS) is a leading supplier of online payment services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices to deliver successfully, again and again.
We are seeking a director to lead the software engineering team based in St. Louis, MO. This position requires exceptional skills, knowledge, and caliber for what it takes to lead the team responsible for building mission-critical, globally distributed, world class enterprise platform/applications.
• Supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several leaders/consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Collaborate with internal & external teams across various continents and time zones
• Ensures own teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through full automation
• Execution with precision and working with other engineering teams across the Mastercard to manage internal and external dependencies to deliver quality product on time
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Proven ability to design/architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
All About You
• Outgoing with excellent communication skills
• Unafraid of having your own ideas challenged and tactfully challenging others ideas
• Enjoy mentoring and supporting team members
• Self-motivated requiring little direction or oversight
• Driven to keep things moving forward
• Advanced knowledge of Java, Spring, JEE
• Advanced knowledge of RESTful APIs
• Advanced knowledge of the Web (HTML, CSS, JS, Angular, React) and Networking technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, F5, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience with SAFE or Agile software development methodology
• Experience with native mobile application development (iOS, Android)
• Solid Understanding of web application security across multiple channels (Web, Mobile, Physical)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.