Lead Technical Program Manager
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Lead Technical Program Manager
Are you a technical program manager who wants to focus on analytic platforms and data needs? Are you passionate about coordinating and clearly communicating across teams while also managing risk and priorities for your team? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
We are currently seeking a Technical Program Manager for the Mastercard Intelligence product area within the Data & Services team. You will own the end-to-end delivery of engineering projects for one of our analytics solutions that leverages Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytic techniques to help businesses around the world solve multi-million dollar business questions.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for MasterCard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
As a Lead Technical Program Manager in the Mastercard Intelligence product area, you will:
• Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
• Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our architecture and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives
• Work across multiple scrum teams (may be cross-cutting across products, scrum teams, and/or technologies or work may be vertically focused on a single product or feature set)
• Leverage technical strengths and business context, drive constructive discussions and clarify across teams to define solutions for business needs and to determine resolutions to issues
• Continuously assess development processes, test plans, and operations. You work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery.
• Streamline and/or eliminate excess process in any area of the architecture, production operations environment, or business area where the same efforts (or issues) are repeated year-over-year
• Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
• Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with software design engineers, principals and TPMs
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
• Provide business context to engineers as required and competently represent your team's systems to others both inside and outside the organization
• Deep understanding of the design approaches, technologies and business drivers in your area
• Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
• Expert level knowledge of software development processes and Agile practices
• Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
• Experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Experience in all things data - writing SQL queries, researching data discrepancies, data reporting, data visualization and ETL.
• Strong communications skills - both verbal and written - ability to communicate critical points efficient across a wide range of audiences
• You have passion and experience in working on customer facing emerging products and services.
• You have a strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising scrum teams
• You are results driven with proven ability to effectively define and communicate project status, risks, and solutions in a proactive manner. Also able to manage support issues to drive to root cause and resolution.
• You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
• You have an ability to simultaneously manage short-term priorities and long-term initiatives and have experience working with agile software development processes, ideally as a scrum master.
• You build solid and trust-based relationships within the team and various stakeholders and become a valued thought partner.
• You can exercise influence outside your own teams to achieve results for the entire organization.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.