Principal Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Principal Software Development Engineer
Be part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Automation System Architect part of building and driving the Architecture/technical roadmap of having seamless product releases through pipeline
• This role would be involved with building the architecture of the pipeline automation to support deployments to multiple geographies
• Would involve closely working with other system architects, developers, quality engineers, operations teams to identify opportunities and provide technical solutions on the same.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Drive PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of right solution for the given business or platform requirement.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming frameworks, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Prior knowledge and experience with deployment automation pipelines and such is a must.
• Knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
• Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier cloud native principles.
• A quick learner and able to drive complex technical solutions.
• Essential skills:
o Hands-on experience on rules based system, with experience as an Architect/Tech Lead.
o Must possess key concepts, principles and best practices for Java based application development
o Hands-on experience with Java/JEE and unix / shell scripting
o Experience with relational databases like Oracle and familiarity with nosql databases.
• Below skills would be a plus:
o Knowledge of IBM ODM (aka ILOG Jrules) would be a good to have.
o Knowledge of cloud-native architecture concepts, understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
o Messaging - MQ and JMS
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.