Director, EDS / Big Data Business Operations (BizOps)
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities. Job Title
Director, EDS / Big Data Business Operations (BizOps)
Job Title Director, , Biz Ops
The Data Warehouse BizOps team is looking for a Director of Site Reliability Engineers who will lead a team of Site Reliability Engineers, Platform Engineers and Operational teams with building (Readiness), supporting (React) and automation (Enablement) across several 10s of applications and multiple Big Data Platforms. This team is responsible for day to day platform availability, Readiness, defect resolutions, CI/CD pipelines, customer integrations, platform automation, monitoring/alerting maturity, ITSM maturity, and Big Data Platforms application support.
- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
- Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
- Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
We accomplish this transformation through supporting daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business impact of our products. The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications. Biz Ops teams also focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. A biz ops focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities and centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders.
Ultimately, the role of biz ops is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
For all team members:
• Hire, manage, and coach Site Reliability Engineers to deliver World Class Support for enterprise fraud applications
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover. Constantly improve processes to ensure full root cause analysis is occurring
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor others
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design
• Knowledge of Big Data Platforms (Hadoop, Exadata, Appliances). Knowledge of Cloud Computing is a plus.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• Strong communication skills to interact with our regional teams and customers
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting Big Data Analytical solutions .
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of the way things have been done. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Experience managing SOWs / a Service Provider for high results
• Creating, tracking, and measuring people and service providers against metrics to measure performance & results
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.