AVP – Data Governance
Job Description This role has multiple responsibilities depending on the focus area. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work as an integral member of the MIS Technology Regulatory Reporting team and own reports/ products within and across regions, regulators, etc.
- Manage a team of BAs/PMs and data analysts directly or indirectly
- Document BRDs, SOPs, Jira stories, acceptance criteria, perform UAT, provide sign-off, etc.
- Be a thought leader and strategic thinker
- Identify Critical Data Elements (CDEs) for own portfolio reports and implement data quality standards.
- Define data quality metrics, lead implementation of the metrics and monitor regularly.
- Establish/ improve processes for determining, investigating and resolving data quality issues.
- Proactively work on end to end data mappings
- Have a thorough understanding of the impact of upstream ratings and reference data changes and work proactively to absorb the same seamlessly
- Proactively prepare for internal and external audit reviews
- Work with Compliance to provide quick and accurate information for exams, inquiries and investigations
- Promptly complete any required Compliance certifications and trainings
- Lead strategic projects like identifying self-service BI tool and ensure successful implementation
- Work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organization and come up with solutions that work for all the teams involved
- Research new and efficient ways of reporting, delivery, quality, management and governance
- Train and mentor junior members of the team and be a Go To person
- Build thorough knowledge of ratings and reference data within the reports/ products
- Provide management reporting regularly
- Store documentation, reports, approvals and certifications in a centrally accessible location, along with record of versions and timelines
Deliver reports with timeliness and accuracy and track and improve the metrics
The following are key competencies a candidate should provide:
- Minimum Five years of experience, with progressive responsibilities, in financial services. Preferably in Regulatory Reporting.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a related area. Masters in IT or Business is a plus
- Should have experience with data in the financial service industry; experience with ratings and reference data and systems a plus. Experience as a Rating Analyst or with Compliance, Internal Audit or Enterprise Risk Management a plus.
- Experience working with Jira/Agile methodology and GRC tools
- SQL and experience with Data Quality definition, monitoring and governance are a plus
- Background in statistics and Business Intelligence and Visualization software (Informatica, Pentaho, Tableau, Qlik) desirable; Experience utilizing data mining / data analysis tools and / or general programming environments is a plus.
- Demonstration of continued progression and experience managing one or more of the following:
- Data-intensive operational functions.
- Adoption of corporate data policies and compliance policies and procedures
- Business process re-engineering projects
- Design of internal controls over data elements
- Strong analytical skills / ability to assimilate information quickly
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills - must be able to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to gain consensus from multiple stakeholders / experience in driving change
- Great judgement and problem-solving skills
- Possesses the ability to handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently and independently, while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness.
- Be an effective ambassador into the business line for definitions related to ratings and reference data used for regulatory purpose.
- Ability to manage a team of data analysts/ business analysts is highly desirable.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and adapt to change and shifting priorities.
- Data related certifications are desirable, including CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional), FIA (Financial Information Associate), or CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional); Also, other certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Six Sigma or financial analysis certification such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) are preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint skills
- Possesses strong attention to detail
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.