It Service Desk Lead Level 1 Six Month Contract
IT Service Desk Lead - Level 1 (Six Month Contract) Charlotte/en-US/DFA_Careers/job/Charlotte/IT-Service-Desk-Lead_2020-5492-2/apply
Note to applicants: Resumes are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot attach a resume at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer. Job Description:
Dimensional Fund Advisors is searching for a hands-on Service Desk Lead with strong technical skills, great customer service and the ability to coach peer analysts in their daily activities with an emphasis on improving operational performance and effectiveness. You will primarily support the centralized 24x7 global Service Desk (Level 1) function in a player/coach capacity. This is a great opportunity to engage in advanced level troubleshooting of technologies within our environment as well as gain exposure to a strong IT service desk operation.
As a Service Desk Lead, you will be responsible for hands-on Level 1 support of varied technical issues for a global enterprise.
As a player/coach, you will spend at least 70%-80% of your time answering and responding to incoming service desk requests and 20-30% of your time coaching/mentoring others. You will have advanced experience performing in an IT service desk support role and be highly efficient at resolving technical issues in an expedited manner while providing peer coaching.
- Support incoming requests to the Global Service Desk via telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end-user issues in an enterprise environment, including desktops, laptops, and mobile devices
- Provide remote support and assistance focusing on the expedited resolution of incidents experienced by end-users
- Assist managers in developing staff and support operations by influencing peers and others by providing guidance/mentorship, acting as an escalation point for questions and demonstrating to others knowledge of best practices in service operations/delivery
- Document, assign, track, investigate and resolve issues while closely liaising with staff keeping them informed on the status
- Utilize a Service Desk ticketing system to document and track work efforts
- Ability to meet ticket closure targets as defined by Service Level Targets ensuring that all requests from users are logged and correct procedures are followed
- Liaise with third-party support and computer equipment vendors as required and know when to escalate problems to Dimensional management
- May be required to perform in-person deskside (Level 2) including installing and configuring workstations, printers, monitors, VoIP desk phones, mobile devices, and all related software as needed
- Order equipment and software and oversee computer/hardware inventory management as required
- Knowledge of rollout of new software and hardware to ensure consistency with the companys technical standards
- Perform all other duties as assigned by IT management
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4 years or more experience in working within a technical support role, including proven and demonstrable troubleshooting skills with PC (desktop, laptop, mobile devices), printer, monitor, phone, and other IT hardware
- 4 years or more experience with Microsoft technologies, including Windows 7/10 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office/Office365, Active Directory, Intune, and Exchange Management Console
- Strong display of leadership to include having performed in a lead, supervisory or interim management role in a similar function
- Excellent customer service skills including being proactive, friendly, and approachable while maintaining composure high-pressure situations
- Experience in using a ticketing system to manage workload; ServiceNow preferred
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work independently or as part of a team and manage time effectively
- Ability to prioritize workload and multitask
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure while working under pressure
- A+ Certification
- Certification in ITIL Foundation (v3)
- Software distribution tools (Imaging) Ideally Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
- Cisco/Tandberg Video Conferencing set up and issue resolution experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Intune mobile/tablet app support
- Experience working with Mac OSx and Jamf
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.
Posted TodayFull time2020-5492
Dimensional is a global investment firm guided by deep convictions about the power of capital markets. We are a leader in applying advanced financial science to equity and fixed income investment strategies. By employing a rigorous and systematic investment approach, we seek to capture what the market offers in all its dimensions.
For more than 30 years, we have translated research into real-world investment solutions for clients. Our clients include financial advisory, pension funds, retirement plans, college savings plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, and sovereign wealth funds. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, with 14 offices around the world, Dimensional manages $609 billion globally as of December 31, 2019.
Dimensional Fund Advisor LP is an investment advisor registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission.