Senior Software Engineer
- Participate in all aspects of the product lifecycle, including requirements gathering, documentation, design, development, quality assurance, implementation, maintenance and support.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of developers spread across different locations to design, develop and support analytic software applications.
- Design and implement re-usable software components following Agile methodology that are highly configurable and extensible.
- Work with a variety of client and server-side frameworks - open source and custom build.
- Liase directly with internal stakeholders to clearly define the business problems to be solved.
- Research and build proof of concepts using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred.
- 6+ years of full-stack Software Engineering experience, with at least 2+ years of cloud technologies.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), different design patterns, coding standards and SOLID principles
- Experience developing REST based web services and frontend like Angular,React.
- Ability to code in one or more of the following: C#.NET, .NETCore, Node.js, Python and related technologies.
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, Lambdas, API Gateway, Cloud Formation, IAM
- Good understanding of Database Design and Modeling principles, including familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Experience with Dev Ops using Jenkins or other tools is a plus.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and modern source control software such as Git or SVN is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.