Senior Software Engineer â Data Analytics â Enterprise Solutions
Job Description We are seeking an experienced Data Analytics Engineer with in-depth knowledge in visualization tools to join our Enterprise Solutions Architecture team. In this role, you will be responsible for design, development of the Business Warehouse, and Analytical solutions, and support the integration of cross-functional data that includes various enterprise business applications. The candidate will work closely with Analysts, Engineers and Business Users to turn data into information and knowledge, that supports and helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience and business results. Strong hands-on work experience in BI / Analytics and Data Visualization skills are a requirement of this position. The engineer will be part of a development team using an agile methodology to continuously deliver business value.
- Design and development of analytical/planning models across various functional areas and ensures enterprise data is structured for ease of use.
- Develop and maintain an integrated, subject-oriented, data model that represents essential data produced and consumed across the enterprise for enterprise reporting.
- Lead proofs of concept and prototypes of leading and emerging data technologies.
- Provide guidance to business, solution development and operations teams in applying leading and emerging data technologies.
- Accountable for solutions in the supported functional area by safeguarding the data model consistency, the data flows process structure and the data integrity.
- Develops, manages and updates the data models of the data warehouse, data mart and staging area and sometimes the operational data store and data source systems.
- Reviews Data Models with Data SMEs, Data Modeler (peer reviews), Development teams, and architecture teams.
- Delivery of the data model implementation in the data warehouse with the project team.
- Delivery of reporting layer needed to support analytical/ operational reporting across various BI tools.
- Build the required reports & dashboards to support the system
Setup and configure security requirements
Qualifications Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related technical field required.
- 7+ years of hands-on work experience in BW data modeling, BI / Analytics and data visualization project implementations.
- Experience of leading Business Intelligence/Reporting/Analytics tools or reporting database design is preferred (SAP Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Microsoft BI)
- 4+ years of experience with Analytics knowledge demonstrated with large scale, multiple business solutions across divisions or enterprise.
- Expert understanding of data analysis, including root-cause analysis, and other process modeling and systems design tools.
- Expertise in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, implementing applications through agile and waterfall SDLCs in a team collaboration environment.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in SAP Analytics technologies (SAP BW, HANA, SAP Analytics for Cloud) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Finance and HR business processes and sub-processes is preferred
- Hands-on SAP HANA modeling and Analytics (including advanced analytics) experience to deliver new solutions/ improve existing solutions for customers
Ability to work as a visualization expert to implement the best visualization stories for customerâ€™s business KPIâ€™s
- Strong modeling and information classification expertise in SAP BW, native HANA and SAP Analytics cloud.
- Very good understanding of SAP Analytics cloud, ability to understand product capabilities and provide consulting on planning, design data model, labels, develop visualization reports / dashboards.
- Experience developing solutions with mix of structured, semi-structured and unstructured information.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Good communication and written skills; Experience developing business KPI dashboards
Preferred Candidates should also have experience with the following specific technologies:
- SAP Business Warehouse
- SAP Hana DB
- SAP Analytics Cloud/Power BI
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.