Software Engineer - VBA/.Net
Job Description Looking for a Junior to Mid-level developer. Able to take high level technical specifications, design modules and implement code. Quick starter familiar with all aspects of Agile methodology and hands on development in a DevOps mode. Full stack developer will be preferred.
In this role you will be a member of the Moody's DMTS team working on M&E development as well as all aspects of SDLC to build and support high visibility key applications.
Typical Responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with business analyst to analyse requirements.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Develop software and unit test code to agreed-upon specification, utilizing version control and configuration management software tools
- Work with Quality Engineers to ensure manual and automated testing of code are to specification
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management, end users and technical team members.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Development
- Knowledge of AngularJS, Node JS, Angular CLI, NPM.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Strong attention to details, debugging, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.