Sr. Software Engineer - SAP Basis Administrator
Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
The SAP BASIS administrator will be a part of the Moody's Shared Services team and will have several key responsibilities:
- Provide support for SAP S/4 HANA, SAP HEC, Business Intelligence (BI), Business Warehouse (BW), Governance, Risk, and Compliance/Security, Third party applications; Vertex, OpenText, Fides
- Implement SAP application installations, upgrades, enhancements, patches as needed and coordinate with technical, functional teams and business users.
- Participate in design sessions; functional / non functional requirements and apply appropriate patterns and practices
- Longer range administrative task:
- Capacity planning
- Data retention
- Disaster recovery
- Effective and efficient management of SAP HANA Systems
- Daily system administration tasks
- Daily system monitoring
- Analyse System trace and perform troubleshooting
- Implement appropriate level of monitoring and automation for proactive support of the SAP S/4 environment
- Proactively analyse SAP environment to detect deficiencies, recommend and implement solutions for improvement.
- Tune SAP environments to ensure integrity, stability, and optimal performance
- Demonstrates the ability to translate business needs into technical architecture requirements and understands the long-term and short-term perspectives of an IT investment situation
- Support and promote integration relationships between IT and business functions
- Ensure the delivery of SAP Basis projects/services to enable major business initiatives.
- Ensure strict compliance with all information Basis and privacy policies, applicable global standards, and internal operating procedures.
- Partner with IT Information Basis, Risk & Compliance, and Infrastructure Consultants.
- Act as a systems engineer to develop systems requirements and define solutions.
- Design, prototype, and implement practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Analyze industry, technology, and market trends along with best practices to introduce art-of-the-possible SAP Basis capabilities to the enterprise.
- Lead the technical design and delivery of SAP Basis and role changes required to support system upgrades and conversions
- Gather requirements from internal clients and provide security and technical expertise to support the development of security objects to satisfy business requirements
- Develop security objects that meet business requirements while adhering to the principle of least privilege
- Provide implementation, test, and other support in the SAP environments during upgrades and/or implementation of support packages
- Participation in the SAP Basis On-Call Service
- Experience in at least 2-3 SAP S/4 HANA end-to-end implementations on Cloud platform or 10+ years progressive SAP ECC to HANA experience
- Preferred experience with Solution Manager 7.2 BASIS functionality, experience with Fiori NetWeaver Gateway and experience with Basis support for development team related to web-based SAP applications developed using NetWeaver Gateway and OData services.
- Preferred, Mastery of SAP HANA in-Memory Platform core technology, including architecture, landscape design, installation, upgrades, performance tuning, system integration and Backup & Recovery
- Practical experience in administration of SAP SOLMAN, Fiori, SAP GRC, SAP Data Services, SAP BW/4 HANA & SAP PI/PO.
- Expertise in Technical Planning, Installations and Configurations, Upgrades, OS/DB Migrations, SSO configuration, installation of SSL certificates.
- Extensive knowledge on Environment migration, high availability, disaster recovery and capacity planning of various SAP applications and HANA databases.
- Experience in Solution manager 7.2 CHARM and Focused build implementation, ITSM integration and CTS+ configuration.
- Knowledge on Data Services Implementation, job scheduling, troubleshooting and repository management
- Proven ability working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards
- Knowledge of IT governance, SAP secure configuration, SOX systems practices, and audit compliance
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.