VP - Network Architect
Job Description Network Architect
This is a Senior level individual contributing role within the Network Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. Reporting up to Moody's Chief Information Officer, Infrastructure leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 150 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a technical leadership role responsible for, designing, optimizing and implementing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever expanding organization. Moody's is moving towards Software Defined networks for voice, video and data in order to increase the use of collaborative technologies in an effort to improve our competitive advantage. This team is also responsible for deploying WAN optimization technologies to help use its precious bandwidth as efficiently as possible. The job requires an expert understanding of SDN, WAN and LAN technology. As a member of the Infrastructure as a Service Engineering team you will be responsible for defining standards for Hardware and Software configuration templates along with tracking their patching and lifecycles. This includes HW standards for routers, switches, QOS and WAN optimization. Besides selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing and future proofing the infrastructure. This includes the implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, problems identified and resolved in a timely manner. Primary Responsibilities
- As an individual contributor you will define and drive the architecture and engineering of global WAN connectivity in support of business use cases and strategy.
- Primary technical interface with carriers to establish a cost-effective and resilient network eliminating single points of failure.
- In conjunction with senior leadership, define a roadmap for network refresh and growth.
- Engage and lead discussions with business stakeholders related to solutions and business objectives
- Engage manufactures and vendors in understanding new technologies and building POCs and SoWs for implementations of those technologies.
- Ensure all network Infrastructure is complaint in accordance with Moody's Security Policy.
- Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same.
- Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of HW/SW solutions for other IT teams / business groups.
- Provide automation for configuration management and prevent configuration drift across all devices.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment.
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study or
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a network engineering role with 5 years in-depth WAN design at a senior level
- Experience with transitioning organizations from a data-center centric model to a distributed compute model utilizing Cloud and SaaS providers, while maintaining business continuity and performance to a legacy environment.
- Experience with large scale worldwide networks with a deep understanding of latency and bandwidth impact on client experience and throughput.
- Expert knowledge of BGP route aggregation, route-reflectors, and traffic engineering.
- Expert design and operational knowledge of WAN technologies - especially MPLS, VRF, DWDM
- Expert understanding and participation in Internet exchanges and private peering.
- Experience with traffic prioritization use QOS, COS, DiffServ.
- Experience with VPN technologies including AWS connectivity
- In-depth of knowledge of carrier operations for provisioning and deploying network services
- Deep Knowledge of networking in cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- Understanding of Financial Services requirements for segmentation, security, and compliance.
- SDN, Linux/Python/REST API skills are desired.
- Knowledge of Cisco DNA Center, APIC, and ACI is desired.
- Understanding of Data Center technologies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Good Visio and Excel skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand wireshark captures and netflow reporting.
- Cisco routing and switching products (Catalyst, ASR/ISR and Nexus Platform).
- Experience with Cisco IOS, NXOS, Wireless technologies.
- Riverbed Steelhead or equivalent WAN optimizer product experience is desired.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
- Industry certification in relevant area is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.